Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread! - Page 3
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Page 3 of 339 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by psweeting View Post
    Tag Heuer Professional 200m - I bought this as my first tag, from Japan. I didn't realise how small it was, I think it must be a ladies; a Japanese ladies at that as the bracelet is pretty small. Hopefully it's real?...
    Looks real to me. BTW, I find ladies love Tags. I see a gift in your future!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

"FAKE OR PROTOTYPE?"

I'd go with option #1 based on fit/finish or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Intrinsic Factor; April 24th, 2012 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Looks real to me. BTW, I find ladies love Tags. I see a gift in your future!
    Great, thanks for the fast response too. I might give it away as a gift if I can get those scratches off of the glass or a new glass in it. Otherwise it might get flipped for one for me :)

Can anyone help advise if this is a real or fake Tag? I bought it on ebay and am very happy with it, but I've now realised that there seem to be many sites that sell replicas that look very good quality to me and it's making me think that I might have bought a fake. There is no reason to think that though, it keeps fine time and seems very good wuality, but I imagine fakes are probably like that too now days!. It came with a guarantee, a shop receipt and the credit card copy slip attached too, which made me confident that it was original. However, the guarantee does not quote the serial number, just the model number.

I would be grateful for any thoughts you may have. Next stop will be the jewellers, but I thought it may be worth getting some ideas from yourselves.
    Thanks very much.

Name:  watch9.jpg
Views: 3526
Size:  79.9 KBName:  watch7.jpg
Views: 3939
Size:  74.4 KBName:  watch8.jpg
Views: 3868
Size:  95.9 KBName:  watch5.jpg
Views: 3508
Size:  79.3 KBName:  watch4.jpg
Views: 3507
Size:  92.8 KBName:  watch3.jpg
Views: 3695
Size:  91.9 KBName:  watch3.jpg
Views: 3695
Size:  91.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lovy View Post
    Can anyone help advise if this is a real or fake Tag? I bought it on ebay and am very happy with it, but I've now realised that there seem to be many sites that sell replicas that look very good quality to me and it's making me think that I might have bought a fake. There is no reason to think that though, it keeps fine time and seems very good wuality, but I imagine fakes are probably like that too now days!. It came with a guarantee, a shop receipt and the credit card copy slip attached too, which made me confident that it was original. However, the guarantee does not quote the serial number, just the model number.

I would be grateful for any thoughts you may have. Next stop will be the jewellers, but I thought it may be worth getting some ideas from yourselves.
    Thanks very much.

Name:  watch7.jpg
Views: 3939
Size:  74.4 KBName:  watch8.jpg
Views: 3868
Size:  95.9 KB
    Did TAG ever use laser etching on the caseback (besides for the model/serial number)?? That bothers me...
    Honorshield likes this.

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by aznG View Post
    Here is a link to the eBay auction for more photographs if the above is not sufficient. Been searching for a watch since I first signed up on WUS back in March 2011. It's funny how your budget starts off at $500 and one year after it ballons to $1k! -_-. Thank you again for your time and help, it is much appreciated.
    thats hilarious... i agree completely. i started at <$700 and now i'm looking at <$1400. so i can relate!! best of luck and hopefully we wont end up bidding against eachother :P

Hi, I'm new here, first time poster. I would like to see if I can get some help authenticating a watch from eBay. The link is here eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I hope I didn't break any rules or link this wrong. I read through the forum rules and THINK I understood them, but I'm never sure. TIA!
    Dr. Emmett Brown likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krazy4buffett View Post
    Hi, I'm new here, first time poster. I would like to see if I can get some help authenticating a watch from eBay. The link is here eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I hope I didn't break any rules or link this wrong. I read through the forum rules and THINK I understood them, but I'm never sure. TIA!
    I don't see any problems but they don't show the movement...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    I don't see any problems but they don't show the movement...
    Thanks! Not sure what you mean by movement...I guess I haven't done my research...

so i've been looking at a few watched on ebay and think i found a fake as well as some real. can someone verify for me please...? Thanks

#1 fake...? (from the post on here about calibre 16 movements...? would be a shame if people are paying 1400+ for a fake) Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono CV2014 FT6014 | eBay

#2 real...? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

#3 real...? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

#4 not sure...? Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Automatic Watch CV2011 | eBay

Thanks for the help!

Page 3 of 339 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information