Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread! - Page 31
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Page 31 of 321 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Re: New Purchase, have some questions

Looks exactly like the Tag on my wrist right now (except mine is in desperate need of a cleanup/polish after seeing yours.)

Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

"Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi guys, can anyone tell me their opinions on this watch?

Heuer Vintage Triple Calendar Bumper Automatic Watch 1950/60s rare black dial | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonaco View Post
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me their opinions on this watch?

Heuer Vintage Triple Calendar Bumper Automatic Watch 1950/60s rare black dial | eBay
    No one can tell from these pictures.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

HELP! Fake Tag or real?

Fake or real? If real, approx value? Thank you guys you are amazing!

My commanding officer in the coast guard just came back from six weeks in Afghanistan. He killed his G-shock in combat and on his off day had stopped in an area off the beaten path commonly known for its black market where the area venders buy and sell contraband items, and items sold by mercs and other drug cartels. From what my CO had stated, the dealer a lot of the service members deal with tends to trade in items coming from killed/assassinated cartel members. To make a long story short, the deal sold him a watch for $20 USD, claimed to be authentic.

Skip ahead, while having dinner with my CO, he had a broken Fossil watch a G-shock and an Armatron, all casualties of combat. We had to make a beer run when I found a black watch in his cup holder. It was the one he bought at the black market. At first I noticed it had some heft to it and was an automatic. I then noticed it had a hand missing from the right side that apparently took the brunt of abuse from his checked luggage. Any case he offered to let me have it since it was a $20 dollar watch he bought just to last him the rest of the week. Not tempting fate, he chose not to wear it in the field.

It was then I noticed it was labeled as a Tag Heuer. I spent a good deal of time researching tonight the criteria for non-compliant TH watches, and for the most part it appears legit, but I'm still not 100% sure. The only thing that really is not sitting well with me is the act t hat I do not see a model number or S/N on it anywhere. I realize that it is possible to be written inside somewhere. I just do not have the expertise with TH to really make an educated call on the authenticity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NEW COLLECTION
    Seiko 7002-700J

OLD COLLECTION

Victorinox Swiss Army #241083
    Victorinox Cavalry #24532

Victorinox Field Swiss #20995
    Victorinox Starlight Watch #36080
    Victorinox Field Watch #241023

Victorinox Renegade #241036

Plus, ton of misc Casio, Lucerne, and other stuff!!

Looks very fake to me, and as such I guess the price was reasonable Google "Heuer Mikrograph" to see what it should look like.

Hi everybody,
    I would like to know your feeling about the authenticity of this TAG HEUER S/EL, model CG1110-0, from (around) 1996. Serial number: J88240.
    I only have these 3 pictures from the seller which is a person like you and I (no professionnal watch retailer); no papers, no box, all "lost while moving", nothing but the watch and a cool price...
    I've tried to check every detail I could, I also took a look in old TAG catalogs, I contacted TAG itself (but I still waiting for an answer)... until now it seems ok. What do you think? The person lives far away and I cannot see it in real, but a friend will check it in person for me.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Name:  tag_front.JPG
Views: 955
Size:  32.4 KBName:  tag_front2.JPG
Views: 915
Size:  22.0 KBName:  tag_back.JPG
Views: 942
Size:  27.2 KB

Thanks again,
    Guillaume
    Last edited by guemsss; September 4th, 2012 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by JES1 View Post
    Looks very fake to me, and as such I guess the price was reasonable Google "Heuer Mikrograph" to see what it should look like.
    By what indications? I'm pretty sure it is not authentic as well, but going over all the indications I have read online, I have not been able to make the conclusion, and not sure if it is a matter which indication I am missing.
    NEW COLLECTION
    Seiko 7002-700J

OLD COLLECTION

Victorinox Swiss Army #241083
    Victorinox Cavalry #24532

Victorinox Field Swiss #20995
    Victorinox Starlight Watch #36080
    Victorinox Field Watch #241023

Victorinox Renegade #241036

Plus, ton of misc Casio, Lucerne, and other stuff!!

Thanks Melba but I ain't looking for a valuation, I already have an agreed price (and I've also been spending time on Ebay looking at every S/EL I could).
    I am really looking for any if the S/EL is real or not... I'm sorry the pics are not so good, that's all I have...
    If I purchase it, I'll let you know!

Page 31 of 321 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information