Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread! - Page 48
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Page 48 of 321 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrporky View Post
    Don't you ever look at tag heuer website..

Thank you so much for the constructive comment. Actually, I have never been on this site before yesterday. I have learned a lot in the last day. I knew there were fakes, but I thought good feedback was an important pre qualification - apparently not. I have been wanting to buy a used Carrera for a while now (I can't afford a brand new one) and this one came up with a "great" BIN price. Like I said, I impulsively bought it and after a few minutes it sank in that it didn't look right. After a few hours of reading I found this site and I started the process of contacting PayPal and Ebay. I am happy to say that because I caught it before it shipped I was issued a full refund. Thank you guys so much. This site is a great source of information and I will be visiting it regularly...

Hi Guys,

Looking at treating myself to a Carrera Calibre Model # CAR2110/BA0720. Ive seen one from a private seller that looks the real deal to me but a few things are bothering me. I keep seeing varying details on pictures of this watch, for example the movement that can be seen from the back of the watch seems to be different in a couple of his pics. I am assuming he has put a couple of generic pictures in but can you see what I mean about the different mechanisms between pics two and three? I have looked at the tag website and it does show the mechanism he is showing on their website which is reassuring, however many reputable retailers seem to show a different one. Do you know if Tag changed the mechanism on this model at some stage? The differences I can see are in the third picture the mechanism seems have a sort of mantel clock shope whereas in picture two it is different. You can also see that the writing is in different positions?

Name:  $T2eC16ZHJHIE9nysey8LBQBvDNo9qw~~60_12.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  29.8 KB
    Name:  $(KGrHqRHJCQE+OGYDomFBP0O76SfPQ~~60_12.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  36.2 KB
    Name:  $(KGrHqZHJBIE+LOWPI!-BP0O8TuLcQ~~60_12.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  55.9 KB

Thanks for your help!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by -Sean View Post
    Hi Guys,

Looking at treating myself to a Carrera Calibre Model # CAR2110/BA0720. Ive seen one from a private seller that looks the real deal to me but a few things are bothering me. I keep seeing varying details on pictures of this watch, for example the movement that can be seen from the back of the watch seems to be different in a couple of his pics. ...

Thanks for your help!

Sean
    My advice, run away. This is a symptom of 'issues'. Another will come along sometime in the future.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    My advice, run away. This is a symptom of 'issues'. Another will come along sometime in the future.
    Can you elaborate? Do you mean with regards to the seller themselves? I am being very careful and have asked him loads of questions about warranty, where it was bought etc etc. Apparently it comes with 2 year international warranty as it was bought through an AD - LVMH, is this an american store?. It just seems to be legit from what I can see and the thing which is tempting is the saving on price. Do you have any comments on the self winding mechs? You can see from this link TAG Heuer Gents Automatic Chrono Carrera CAR2110.BA0720 | the Watch Hut that they use the mech in his generic picture, I see what your saying I just dont want to run away from a potentially good saving because the seller put a generic picture on accidentally showing conflicting things.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by AvM79 View Post
    In addition to my post on the previous page and above: I called Tag Heuer and let them check the modelnumber against the serialnumber.
    Pardon my ignorance, but who do you call at TAG to have this done? The general "Contact Us" phone number?

No problem, I called the service center in Germany. As it is the closest to my home, I live in the Netherlands, near the German border. I read the advise on this forum a couple of times: "contact Tag Heuer and ask them", so I did.

In my experience you want an honest dealer who plays by the rules. I might excuse a 'generic' (CAD from vendor site) pic as ID. But I read your post to indicate he did not confine himself to pics of the actual watch.

Once you are in the deal, the only way out is through headaches. I hate headaches that can be avoided. But I just bought a Heuer that I did not know existed from a vendor with little feedback so I take risks too...

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi - newbie here so I apologize in advance if I am not following "protocol". I don't have much knowledge about watches but I am interested in a Tag Kirium and am looking at this one:

Tag Heuer Kirium Mens Silver Dial Swiss Quartz Chronograph Watch CL1210 BA0705 | eBay

Has anyone dealt w/them before and does this appear to be a real tag? I'm mainly concerned because the price lower than most others. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by trung View Post
    Hi - newbie here so I apologize in advance if I am not following "protocol". I don't have much knowledge about watches but I am interested in a Tag Kirium and am looking at this one:

Tag Heuer Kirium Mens Silver Dial Swiss Quartz Chronograph Watch CL1210 BA0705 | eBay

Has anyone dealt w/them before and does this appear to be a real tag? I'm mainly concerned because the price lower than most others. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Looks real. I bought one watch from them. It too was real. I can make no comments about their service/warranty as I never used it.

Hello all...Im brand new to this forum and very glad I found it. I have been reading in here for about 7 hrs now...I kid you not, and would REALLY appreciate any help. I've just purchased from ebay the following TAG HEUER F1 CLASSIC MIDSIZE WATCH WA1214, BLACK/RED COMBO | eBay I don't know how to post the pics of this watch....could you please give me some insight..ie.....REAL OR FAKE...Im freaking now that I've discovered its coming from the Phillipines....thanks

Page 48 of 321 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread Information