WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tag Heuer and Heuer Fake Busters Thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

929K views 6K replies 1K participants last post by  kevinkar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm going to make this thread a sticky so we can put the authenticity questions in one spot. I hope this is a solution.... we'll see :)

Please post good pics.... text descriptions are not very useful. Pics of the movement are important!

#2 ·
Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Goodmorning,

First of all I wanna say: i'm from the Netherlands, and my english is okay, but not perfect;) I hope you will understand my questions.
Second: I wanna thank you for reading/answering my questions.

My Father died 2 years ago, and he left me some watches.
He was a big fan of collectable things. But you never where he get it from.

I have here a Vintage Tag Heuer watch, maybe you can help me out. I dont want to sell it, but i want to know the history about it.

• Is this watch a real TH watch?
  • Watch model is? Whats the name? Or the Number?
  • What year?
  • It's a quartz.
  • What is it worth? How much do i have to pay in a Jewelry in this condition
  • Can you tell me more about this item?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)

Check out the Archived TAG Heuer Catalogs sticky. Go to the 1991 catalog and then go to picture/page 100. I think your watch is in the upper right hand corner of the photo.

#4 ·

Check out the Archived TAG Heuer Catalogs sticky. Go to the 1991 catalog and then go to picture/page 100. I think your watch is in the upper right hand corner of the photo.
thank you for your reply! I have found the right page, but now i only now what the model number is, nothing more right?
I Think im gonna google on it;)

#5 ·

We don't do valuations... too hard to be accurate on anything that is important. You can get an idea by looking at eBay listings, especially completed listings that actually sold.

I think this is a full lume dial.

Reactions: Honorshield
#7 ·
#8 ·

thanks for the help.

here's another that i'm looking at... i've seen the grey face models of this have markings on the bezel (cjf2115 i think) but the black and white/silver dont? still deciding between an aquaracer and a link but if you can help me determine if this is real or fake, that'd be great! thanks
Auctiva Image Hosting

#12 ·

thanks for the help.

here's another that i'm looking at... i've seen the grey face models of this have markings on the bezel (cjf2115 i think) but the black and white/silver dont? still deciding between an aquaracer and a link but if you can help me determine if this is real or fake, that'd be great! thanks
Auctiva Image Hosting
I don't know if the lack of a display back is a problem... check the archived catalogs. No movement pic always bothers me...

#9 ·

Eeeb, is that "is my TAG HEUER authentic thread gone ?!"

#10 ·

Eeeb, is that "is my TAG HEUER authentic thread gone ?!"
It probably should be locked. But I haven't done it...

#15 ·

A person of few words... I'll let the Indy 500 owners say on this.

#18 ·

Here is a link to the eBay auction for more photographs if the above is not sufficient. Been searching for a watch since I first signed up on WUS back in March 2011. It's funny how your budget starts off at $500 and one year after it ballons to $1k! -_-. Thank you again for your time and help, it is much appreciated.

#26 ·

Here is a link to the eBay auction for more photographs if the above is not sufficient. Been searching for a watch since I first signed up on WUS back in March 2011. It's funny how your budget starts off at $500 and one year after it ballons to $1k! -_-. Thank you again for your time and help, it is much appreciated.
thats hilarious... i agree completely. i started at <$700 and now i'm looking at <$1400. so i can relate!! best of luck and hopefully we wont end up bidding against eachother :p

#21 ·

Tag Heuer Professional 200m - I bought this as my first tag, from Japan. I didn't realise how small it was, I think it must be a ladies; a Japanese ladies at that as the bracelet is pretty small. Hopefully it's real?...
Looks real to me. BTW, I find ladies love Tags. I see a gift in your future! :)

#20 ·

This is an ISA quartz movement. I do not recall any TAGHeuer with ISA movements. I suspect it is a fake advertised as having a 'Swiss Movement' so they can charge more for the fake.

Others may know more.

#24 ·

Can anyone help advise if this is a real or fake Tag? I bought it on ebay and am very happy with it, but I've now realised that there seem to be many sites that sell replicas that look very good quality to me and it's making me think that I might have bought a fake. There is no reason to think that though, it keeps fine time and seems very good wuality, but I imagine fakes are probably like that too now days!. It came with a guarantee, a shop receipt and the credit card copy slip attached too, which made me confident that it was original. However, the guarantee does not quote the serial number, just the model number.

I would be grateful for any thoughts you may have. Next stop will be the jewellers, but I thought it may be worth getting some ideas from yourselves.
Thanks very much.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Metal Fashion accessory
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Metal Fashion accessory
Metal Watch Titanium Brass Watch accessory
Metal Bumper Watch Fashion accessory
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#25 ·

Can anyone help advise if this is a real or fake Tag? I bought it on ebay and am very happy with it, but I've now realised that there seem to be many sites that sell replicas that look very good quality to me and it's making me think that I might have bought a fake. There is no reason to think that though, it keeps fine time and seems very good wuality, but I imagine fakes are probably like that too now days!. It came with a guarantee, a shop receipt and the credit card copy slip attached too, which made me confident that it was original. However, the guarantee does not quote the serial number, just the model number.

I would be grateful for any thoughts you may have. Next stop will be the jewellers, but I thought it may be worth getting some ideas from yourselves.
Thanks very much.

View attachment 689992 View attachment 689993
Did TAG ever use laser etching on the caseback (besides for the model/serial number)?? That bothers me...

Reactions: Honorshield
#27 ·
#28 ·

Hi, I'm new here, first time poster. I would like to see if I can get some help authenticating a watch from eBay. The link is here eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I hope I didn't break any rules or link this wrong. I read through the forum rules and THINK I understood them, but I'm never sure. TIA!
I don't see any problems but they don't show the movement...

#30 ·

so i've been looking at a few watched on ebay and think i found a fake as well as some real. can someone verify for me please...? Thanks

#1 fake...? (from the post on here about calibre 16 movements...? would be a shame if people are paying 1400+ for a fake) Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono CV2014 FT6014 | eBay

#2 real...? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

#3 real...? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

#4 not sure...? Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Automatic Watch CV2011 | eBay

Thanks for the help!

#31 · (Edited)

so i've been looking at a few watched on ebay and think i found a fake as well as some real. can someone verify for me please...? Thanks

#1 fake...? (from the post on here about calibre 16 movements...? would be a shame if people are paying 1400+ for a fake) Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono CV2014 FT6014 | eBay

#2 real...? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

#3 real...? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

#4 not sure...? Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Automatic Watch CV2011 | eBay

Thanks for the help!
I am not sure about the solid casebacks on the third one. The first is a fake from the pics. The second trips no alarms.

#32 ·
#33 ·

a real Kirium Formula 1

#35 ·
#37 ·

TAG serial numbers have no consistent pattern. However, if two watches share the same number, it is likely both are fakes. So do a Google search on the number...

It still looks good to me.

#41 ·

Looks hinky to me... but better pics (clear), pics of the caseback, and, if possible, of the movement would help a lot.