WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tag Heuer and Heuer Fake Busters Thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

929K views 6K replies 1K participants last post by  kevinkar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm going to make this thread a sticky so we can put the authenticity questions in one spot. I hope this is a solution.... we'll see :)

Please post good pics.... text descriptions are not very useful. Pics of the movement are important!

#123 ·
#125 ·
Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Would like to also know if this Tag Heuer is authentic? Thanks in advance.
No obvious flaws. Probably genuine!

#127 · (Edited)

*UPDATE* Okay, just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Should have been in the IWC Forum. My mistake. If you can still offer any info, I'd appreciate it.

This is an IWC Mark XV without the original deployment strap. I have my doubts about it due to the hands, but I'm no expert. Could anyone help? I took the best pics I could. If you'd like to see more just ask. Thanks!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Strap Metal
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Electronics Technology Metal Hard disk drive

There are no identifying markings on/in the movements. Also, the backing had no markings either.
Watch Watch accessory Close-up Fashion accessory Font
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory

Here, at the top and to the left, you can see some kind of debris (or corrosion?) on the movement. It didn't give way with a light brushing.
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Red Fashion accessory

Attachments

#130 ·

Hey everyone. Thanks for looking, I started a thread a few days ago about a watch Longines watch that I am interested in purchasing. I have added some more information that I hope will help authenticate the watch. Please take a look at the link below and let me know what you think. Thanks! https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/need-help-authenticating-longines-watch-708255.html

#132 ·

Hey everyone. Thanks for looking, I started a thread a few days ago about a watch Longines watch that I am interested in purchasing. I have added some more information that I hope will help authenticate the watch. Please take a look at the link below and let me know what you think. Thanks! https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/need-help-authenticating-longines-watch-708255.html
Welcome to WUS. In order to keep things rational and orderly, it is best to post in the appropriate forum. In this case either Public or Longines. But it is considered rude behavior (and actually violates forum rules) to post in more than one forum.

While many of us here know about Longines, we talk about TAGHeuer and Heuer here.

So my answer is it is a complete fake and you should instead buy a vintage Longines or a new TAGHeuer! :-d

#131 · (Edited)

here is my watch ! please check for me i got as a gift 1 week ago from my father he did have it from before 5 years or 3 but he never used it because he doesn't like metal straps only leather!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Metal Titanium

it also comes with the red and black box with papers and card and catalog etc.

#133 ·

here is my watch ! please check for me i got as a gift 1 week ago from my father he did have it from before 5 years or 3 but he never used it because he doesn't like metal straps only leather!
View attachment 742180 View attachment 742181
it also comes with the red and black box with papers and card and catalog etc.
Looks real. I hope you got Dad something nice for Fathers Day (that's a US holiday celebrating Fatherhood).

#135 ·

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory
Unbelievable an idiot on a website called bidorbuy.co.za want to convince me that a reputable jeweler gave him a valuation certificate of $ 3'000.00 for this fong kong watch, the tag log even came off haha I must look really dumb to him

#139 ·

View attachment 742896 View attachment 742897 View attachment 742898 Unbelievable an idiot on a website called bidorbuy.co.za want to convince me that a reputable jeweler gave him a valuation certificate of $ 3'000.00 for this fong kong watch, the tag log even came off haha I must look really dumb to him
Just am update on the authentic fake/s all his fake ads has been deleted, why? Cause I am very persistent haha, saved a few people some money I reckon :)

#136 ·

The seller is a follower of PT Barnham - "There's a sucker born every minute" :-d

... unfortunately he is probably right. Oh well... knowledge is power.

#141 ·
Re: is this genuine

Marc the fact that when u do a google search with model no and serial no gives u a hit raises a flag, it might be a fake, the way I understand TAG no's is that each TAG's serial no is unique, but I could be wrong, can u post a close up of the movement?

#142 ·
Re: is this genuine

Marc the fact that when u do a google search with model no and serial no gives u a hit raises a flag, it might be a fake, the way I understand TAG no's is that each TAG's serial no is unique, but I could be wrong, can u post a close up of the movement?
Model numbers identify the model. They are not unique to a watch. Serial numbers identify the watch. They are supposed to be unique... when you find multiple examples of the same serial number, the watches are fakes.

The dial looks very strange too... but none of the pictures are of sufficient quality to be sure it is a fake... but they are good enough to say it is probably a fake. Better pics would help a whole lot!

#145 ·
#147 ·
#228 ·
#150 ·

Hello guys. Can you please help me and tell if this one is genuine or fake? Some photos:

More pictures here: TAG HEUER CARRERA automatic Calibre 5 According to seller it was bought in 2009 in USA. Do you think it's worth buying for ~$1150?​

I'd spend some more time researching posts on the forum. I think the striping on the rotor may be wrong but some research will probably tell you for sure.

#151 ·

Hello everyone,

Looking at this particular auction: BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC TAG HEUER MONACO BLUE CALIBRE 12 AUTOMATIC NO RESERVE | eBay

Seller says he guarantees the authenticity of the watch or that he'll issue a full refund.

I intend to take it to a dealer like DeJaun or Ben Bridge to have them verify it.

Anyone have any input of their own, while I await delivery?

#152 ·

The best check is not the case or dial, it is the movement. No pics of that... Good luck!

#162 ·
#156 ·

When you refer to the movement, what exactly are you referring to? The internal equipment? Sorry...this is my first major watch purchase...
Yes. I guess it's called a movement because that's the part of the watch that moves?? Sometimes it's called the calibre or caliber.

#157 ·

I hope I'm putting a post about a well dodgy eBay watch for sale in the right thread

Tagheuer 1000 | eBay

I feel a bit sorry for someone who spent £205 on a previous buy Tagheuer SLR300 | eBay

#161 ·
#158 ·

Is this Cyma is a franken? I suspect so, because it's been on sale for a while, as well as some other elements that don't feel like they add up (though I fall for watches as a designer rather than as a purist.) But I don't have the experience to really know. I'd The specs from the seller are:

CYMA .
Dial diameter: 41mm.
Case wide: 45mm
Wide with crown: 48mm
Case long from lug to lug: 50mm .

The watch is in good working condition.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned about what looks to be a space around the movement in the top left.
I'm a newbie (to watches as well as the forum), so I'm sorry if this sounds like an obvious question but: I should make a new thread to ask questions about the dial, right?

Thanks

Attachments

#160 ·

Is this Cyma is a franken? I...
I don't think TAGHeuer has anything to do with Cyma. It is a Swatch Group company, not a LVMH company. Try the Vintage forum. That is a better place to ask.

And Welcome to WUS... it's arranged by topic forums. (Since I moderate in Vintage too, I'll give you my prepost answer, the dial looks hinky to me!) ... but take it to Vintage.