The Formula 1 Club - Page 15
Like Tree605Likes

Thread: The Formula 1 Club

Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast

Re: The Formula 1 Club

beautiful F1, Z4ch! I have the same one with lume-dial and green bezel. Where did you get these parts? Tks
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    beautiful F1, Z4ch! I have the same one with lume-dial and green bezel. Where did you get these parts? Tks
    Hi

Well actually all of the item in my F1 is new except for the SS case and the case back. I was having an "accident" in 2008, I haven't service is for quite some time and I use it for swimming.. and then after a few days I realize that it was leaking.. all of movement, hand and lume-dial was damage. Sigh .. then I took it to Tag Authorized Service center in Jakarta, Time International (I live in Indonesia). They gave me quotation around USD 300 to overhaul and change everthing (movement, crown, hands, dial, crystal, bezel). I requested them to change the movement and the crown first as I do have other needs at that time. They reject it and said that all watch that goes through their service center has to pass all of the quality testing. I was little shock as changing the dial, hands, crystal and bezel to me is not effecting the quality of the movement. I told them that I will surely change the other later but they still insist on changing it all at once.
    Then In 2011 I realized that I have friend who worked in Singapore and go back and fort to Jakarta during weekend on weekly basis, I asked him to take it to LVMH Service Center and good thing that they are okay with changing the movement only, but they suggested me to overhaul the watch (I think change the whole movement) and change the crown and all gasket as this is the one that affecting the water resistance and they even gave me 1 year international warranty. So June 2011 I overhaul the watch, change the movement, crown and hands. the cost is around USD 220. Later in Q3 I change the dial (around USD 100). Just last week I change the bezel.. again in Singapore. Actually I was changing the crystal and bezel in Jakarta a week before but turn out that they don't have the one with red and white indexes on black, they only have white indexes on black, so I refused it and change the crystal only.
    Well.. the total amount is around USD 430, USD 130 more that 2008 quotation.. but I'm happy with the result.. Sorry.. I forgot that I have bought the bracelet as well at USD 120.. but this is additional as I am already change my rubber strap around 5 to 6 times (and the rubber is not cheap either).. All my friend is asking why I don't just bought a new watch.. and I said to them that I have too many memories with it to let this watch just die at my drawer
    It's been with me from April 1991 (still have the receipt) and that time the price of the watch is around USD 130 which is that is about the same as the price list for Tag F1 at that time (I saw it on the pricelist on Calibre11 website which is 88 Poundsterling). Well that is the story with my 1st gen F1.. hope you did not get bored.

Anyway.. I want to introduce you to my F1 younger -much younger- brother. F1 Alarm 2008-2009 version which I bought new last week from one Singapore AD (been looking all over Indonesia and cannot find it as it is alredy discontinued) and only have 1 AD in Singapore who still have it. I am not a fan of a new line of F1 as IMO the bezel is not F1 bezel (much more like an explorer) and cannot be rotated for the alarm version based on Calibre 11 review(I love to play with it when I got nervous).. and for the titanium bezel, for me it is less 3D and again IMO it is not like and F1 bezel.. Anyway.. I'm really happy with this two, it is like I have 2 new watches
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 2253
Size:  135.4 KB
    Last edited by Z4ch; July 17th, 2012 at 04:33. Reason: grammar update

of course I did not get bored! I really enjoy seeing classic icons in pristine conditions. Specially that 1st generation F1 which is a TAG HEUER historic watch. I will wear mine tomorrow, to place homage to you! Great story, great watches. Thanks!

** by the way, it bores me when I see people just asking "should I just get a new watch, or is this worth fixing?" - a watch should be worth much more than its dollar value. Otherwise, it should not even be discussed on a forum!
    Last edited by enricodepaoli; July 17th, 2012 at 04:46.
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    Kirium F1

Heuer :
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Thanks and I agree with you.. I can not just throw away something that already been with me for more that 21 years.. something is worth more than dollar value.. and my F1 is one of them.. (though it has to be shared with his younger brother now) )

I like the lack os symmetry of this F1 Alarm. But the little old F1 is pure historic and nostalgic charm!
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    Kirium F1

Heuer :
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

I like the lack os symmetry of this F1 Alarm. But the little old F1 is pure historic and nostalgic charm!
    Yes.. I remember then when I have this watch from new, everyone is wearing Swatch watch, then I showed up wearing this Tag, It turns everone heads. I'm not into the watch thing at that time, heck.. I don't even know what is Tag Heuer at that time, I just love the model, and it is very different from other watch at that time (well.. still today as you can easily recognize an F1 from a distance) and the price is much more affordable at that time (only slightly different from Seiko, I remember that Seiko was even higher for some model). Glad that I can talk much about watch with people who share the same interest..

you started earlier than me. I liked Casio and the Citizen. The only "more expensive" watch I had heard of was, of course, Rolex. One day, I was in my early twenties at an airport just before checking-in for a flight on tour with a band, and my friends all went to a jewelry to see the "watches the F1 drivers wore". I thought: "why would I want to wear their watches??" .. about three years after that I decided I wanted a "good, classic, expensive, one watch to wear forever". I thought Rolex, Cartier, Baume et Mercier, and during my research, TAG HEUER popped up again. I instantly remembered it and, for some reason, its name, style, and the way it was so much more relaxed than Rolex, it ended up being my choice. I got a 2000 classic automatic and about 10 years or more after that, I joined this forum. This was my "mistake". I now have seven Heuer / TAGHeuer timepieces! And my first one is still the one I wear most.
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    Kirium F1

Heuer :
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

you started earlier than me. I liked Casio and the Citizen. The only "more expensive" watch I had heard of was, of course, Rolex. One day, I was in my early twenties at an airport just before checking-in for a flight on tour with a band, and my friends all went to a jewelry to see the "watches the F1 drivers wore". I thought: "why would I want to wear their watches??" .. about three years after that I decided I wanted a "good, classic, expensive, one watch to wear forever". I thought Rolex, Cartier, Baume et Mercier, and during my research, TAG HEUER popped up again. I instantly remembered it and, for some reason, its name, style, and the way it was so much more relaxed than Rolex, it ended up being my choice. I got a 2000 classic automatic and about 10 years or more after that, I joined this forum. This was my "mistake". I now have seven Heuer / TAGHeuer timepieces! And my first one is still the one I wear most.
    I actually come accross the this F1 Alarm by accident as well, since my F1 was in a comma on 2008, I am doing a lot of browsing for the watch and watch parts and then I came upon this F1 alarm. It's like a hit, I really like the simpleness of the dial (not like complicated subdial on F1 chrono series - same generation) and it has 2 simple subdial which remind me of the 1st gen of F1 Chrono (which is now on my wish list). I know there are upgraded model with SS bezel (F1 Alarm 2010) or the 2012 F1 alarm line which IMHO has lost some of F1 soul.. This is why I was chasing the 2008-2009 F1 alarm model and I thought that since it is already 20 years, I think it is time for my F1 to have a little brother. IMO this is something I can wear for a long time and pass it to my son.

Anyway.. like your signature.. basically most of them is my favourite brand as well except for sigg and savineli (never heard about this). For Sigg. I think I wanna try their product... as for Savinelli.. I did not smoke pipes.. only basic cigarrette... maybe later..
    Last edited by Z4ch; July 17th, 2012 at 06:35. Reason: add more lines

Got it several days ago and absolutely love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMWRINO and sa-ora like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DCasey9 View Post
    Got it several days ago and absolutely love it!
    Excellent, DCasey9! Welcome to Club Formula One...Enjoy!

Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information