The Formula 1 Club - Page 9
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: The Formula 1 Club

Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Re: The Formula 1 Club

Quote Originally Posted by nuovorecord View Post
    Hi Clyde. This one looks legit to me. (Great screen name, BTW. Or is your REAL name?)
    It's a screen name. hehehe. His my favorite NBA player What made you say it's legit? I mean can you pls care to spell out for me? Just want to know how and why? Anyone else has the same opinion or a dissenting one?

Do a google image search for "replica TAG Heuer Formula One" and you'll get an idea of what the fake ones look like. In general, the logo, and lettering on the dial looks "off." The logo on the clasp is usually smaller and the clasp is of a different design. And the casebacks don't look the same as the authentic ones.

I have two authentic F1s, and all of the above aspects I listed above are identical to the one you referenced with your pics.

Last edited by nuovorecord; April 2nd, 2012 at 08:19. Reason: pics
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: 325501 Mark XVI, 377704 Pilot's Chronograph, 500401 Big Pilot | OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00 | SEIKO: Prospex SRP787 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111

Hidden Content

Joining the club with my Formula 1 Chronograph. She was my first TAG and I've had her for over 4 years. I'm thinking of changing the look with a black rubber Formula 1 strap. She just got a new Carrera Day Date Calibre 16 for a sister, but I'll never forget about her.

Name:  DSC_4368.jpg
Views: 3341
Size:  449.1 KB
    Name:  DSC_4376.jpg
Views: 3342
Size:  420.6 KB
    Name:  DSC_4421.jpg
Views: 3282
Size:  438.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_4414.jpg
Views: 3264
Size:  230.6 KB
    Name:  DSC_4363.jpg
Views: 3342
Size:  437.7 KB
    BMWRINO likes this.
    TAG Heuer Carrera Day Date Calibre 16 | TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph | Citizen Nighthawk

Hi All

My F1's...
    Name:  IMG_4597.JPG
Views: 3371
Size:  238.3 KBName:  IMG_4991.JPG
Views: 3338
Size:  179.8 KB
    Present:
    Breitling Avenger II Seawolf
    Breitling Aerospace Avantage
    Mont Blanc Star World Time GMT
    Longines Hydroconquest Chronograph
    Ball Trainmaster Roman
    Hamilton Ventura

Past:
    Breitling Wings / Colt Automatic
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean /
    Seamaster 300m Chronograph / Seamaster 300m / Seamaster Deville
    Longines Heritage Retrograde / Hydroconquest / Heritage Conquest / Dolce Vita
    Tag Heuer Calibre S / F1 chronograph / F1 non-chrono

I really dig the stripe and vintage style subdial hands on the Calibre S.
    TAG Heuer Carrera Day Date Calibre 16 | TAG Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph | Citizen Nighthawk

As Ive posted I just bought a grand date f1. Wanted to see if you guys have changed the bands and if so a picture would be great. I'm thinking of make a band change and would like some ideas. Thanks
    Tissot T-Sport PRC200 Chronograph Black Dial
    TAG Heuer Formula 1 Quartz Chronograph - CAH1010.BA0854

UPDATE....Finally trying to contact anyone from Tag heuer today but everybody very unprofessional ad rude!Just to remind you I bought Tag FORMULA 1 watch 2 and half months ago and every time when I shower glass get blur and water coming inside.Crune is closed!!!!one more time but it still coming inside.I think if I bought 100 $ Casio watch it will be better water resistant.Very disappointed.I can understand that it can happend but than I at least expect proper customer service.Nobody call me,nobody answering my emails...I have to do all that,call switzerland,send watch....spend additional 500 usd for calls,post service,(because I have to send it to them) on my expenses...tax.....I think Tag heuer policy is SELL THE WATCH AND AFTER THAT WHO CARES!!!!!
    The best was customer service in Croatia.One agent told me I do not supos to shower with watch!:) (i do not know to smile or cry,2000 $ watch not to shower with) another told me to leave to dry out and everything will be fine!!!guys in my tag is water....its not anymore same watch!!!!!Only 2 and half months old....I will never again buy anything from tag h.They should at least call me when I send them emails and all of this...nobody....I have to call and lose my time.The best is I need to go work and I work on the ship...so now next 6 months I am without watch which cost 2000 $ I lost that money....Ah I forgot....the first thing when I called customer service was that I told them that I have Broken Tag watch and ask them how is possible that in one of the best brands (best I dont believe anymore) in the world water coming iside?!Agent told me :Rolls royce all soo sometimes get broken...and smile!NEVER AGAIN TAG,NEVER... COSTUMER SERVICE DISASTER AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY YOU STILL NEED TO SPEND MONNY FOR CALLING,SENDING...:( :( :(

Ante Nin,

I had a conversation with a watch dealer last month about this issue. He said that no matter how water resistant a watch is, you should never shower with it. The steam from the shower is what is causing the water vapor to collect inside the watch. The case and the seals keep out liquid water, even at great depths, but the water vapor in steam is able to slip through the crown threads and the seals in the watch. You can wash your hands, jump in the pool or go for a dive in the ocean with your watch, but a shower, jacuzzi or steam room is a no-no. Try leaving the watch on the bathroom counter instead of taking it into the shower, or just leave it outside the bathroom altogether.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ante Nin View Post
    UPDATE....Finally trying to contact anyone from Tag heuer today but everybody very unprofessional ad rude!Just to remind you I bought Tag FORMULA 1 watch 2 and half months ago and every time when I shower glass get blur and water coming inside.Crune is closed!!!!one more time but it still coming inside.I think if I bought 100 $ Casio watch it will be better water resistant.Very disappointed.I can understand that it can happend but than I at least expect proper customer service.Nobody call me,nobody answering my emails...I have to do all that,call switzerland,send watch....spend additional 500 usd for calls,post service,(because I have to send it to them) on my expenses...tax.....I think Tag heuer policy is SELL THE WATCH AND AFTER THAT WHO CARES!!!!!
    The best was customer service in Croatia.One agent told me I do not supos to shower with watch!:) (i do not know to smile or cry,2000 $ watch not to shower with) another told me to leave to dry out and everything will be fine!!!guys in my tag is water....its not anymore same watch!!!!!Only 2 and half months old....I will never again buy anything from tag h.They should at least call me when I send them emails and all of this...nobody....I have to call and lose my time.The best is I need to go work and I work on the ship...so now next 6 months I am without watch which cost 2000 $ I lost that money....Ah I forgot....the first thing when I called customer service was that I told them that I have Broken Tag watch and ask them how is possible that in one of the best brands (best I dont believe anymore) in the world water coming iside?!Agent told me :Rolls royce all soo sometimes get broken...and smile!NEVER AGAIN TAG,NEVER... COSTUMER SERVICE DISASTER AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY YOU STILL NEED TO SPEND MONNY FOR CALLING,SENDING...:( :( :(

When I first bought my 2000 classic automatic 13 years ago, during the first 2 years, I did not take the watch off my wrist at all. I did use to practice swimming, in saunas, showers, day and night, beaches, anything. Never had an issue. There is obviously something wrong with this watch and the company or store should take care of it.

Specially considering it is not a generic product. It is a TAG HEUER. A name the sells dreams, desires and excellence. This is my opinion. Again, no money is better spent by a company, than on customer care. Infinitely better than spending on ambassadors.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonMan View Post
    Ante Nin,

I had a conversation with a watch dealer last month about this issue. He said that no matter how water resistant a watch is, you should never shower with it. The steam from the shower is what is causing the water vapor to collect inside the watch. The case and the seals keep out liquid water, even at great depths, but the water vapor in steam is able to slip through the crown threads and the seals in the watch. You can wash your hands, jump in the pool or go for a dive in the ocean with your watch, but a shower, jacuzzi or steam room is a no-no. Try leaving the watch on the bathroom counter instead of taking it into the shower, or just leave it outside the bathroom altogether.

Cheers.
    Monocrom likes this.
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

My TAG F1's in the wild...
    Name:  Picture 001.jpg
Views: 3150
Size:  150.6 KB
    Name:  Picture 002.jpg
Views: 3160
Size:  144.5 KB
    Name:  Picture 005.jpg
Views: 3132
Size:  122.0 KB
    Aless, BMWRINO, TISSOT PRX and 5 others like this.
    Present:
    Breitling Avenger II Seawolf
    Breitling Aerospace Avantage
    Mont Blanc Star World Time GMT
    Longines Hydroconquest Chronograph
    Ball Trainmaster Roman
    Hamilton Ventura

Past:
    Breitling Wings / Colt Automatic
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean /
    Seamaster 300m Chronograph / Seamaster 300m / Seamaster Deville
    Longines Heritage Retrograde / Hydroconquest / Heritage Conquest / Dolce Vita
    Tag Heuer Calibre S / F1 chronograph / F1 non-chrono

Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information