How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side. - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

My advice is to stay away from the after-market TH clasps. They are OK, but are not anywhere near as good or accurately made as the genuine clasps. I will happily shell out AUD150 for a genuine clasp despite that being much more expensive than a clone.

For straps, the world is your oyster. There are plenty of alternatives for the more common straps, including variations on a theme, but if you are looking for straps for some the special/limited edition models you will need to pony up for the genuine article.
    arbyjr and manroshan97 like this.
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition | Seiko Presage Platinum SPB041J
    ---------------------------
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT

Re: How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

The prices ADs charge for OEM straps is crazy. You can get two custom, hand-made straps in whatever wild material you can think of (stingray, sharkskin, crocodile, etc etc) for the price of one genuine TAG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    noregrets and manroshan97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_BARCODE_GUY View Post
    The prices ADs charge for OEM straps is crazy. You can get two custom, hand-made straps in whatever wild material you can think of (stingray, sharkskin, crocodile, etc etc) for the price of one genuine TAG
    That's fine, and I agree, if you want a fairly standard, single colour croc/aligator/calf but if you need to replace some of the more bespoke designed straps then the after-market offerings will not cut the mustard.
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition | Seiko Presage Platinum SPB041J
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_GT3 View Post
    That's fine, and I agree, if you want a fairly standard, single colour croc/aligator/calf but if you need to replace some of the more bespoke designed straps then the after-market offerings will not cut the mustard.
    If you search "stingray" or "shark" watch strap on etsy there are very highly regarded bespoke strapmakers who will make you whatever you want for under $100

Example:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/search?q=sti...0watch%20strap

If you search "stingray" or "shark" watch strap on etsy there are very highly regarded bespoke strapmakers who will make you whatever you want for under $100

Example:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/search?q=sti...0watch%20strap
    Fair enough. When I wanted a replacement for my worn out 300SLR strap, none of the custom makers I contacted were interested or could do it. I bought the original from TAG Heuer.
    Current wish list:
    Grails:

That's because of the prices the brands sell them to the AD's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information