How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

Re: How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

It's been awhile, OEM, think 300 USD.
    manroshan97 likes this.

Ard

Re: How much will a replacement leather strap cost? Mine is breaking from the inner side.

Honestly, you have the clasp which is the jewel of the strap, I'd go aftermarket and only you will know.
    noregrets and manroshan97 like this.

Is it breaking? In the pic it just looks like it's showing wear.

But, yeah, there are plenty of aftermarket options that are very nice quality. Those are something like $250 straight from Tag.
    noregrets and manroshan97 like this.

Ard

I'm back.........................

As much as I like my Tag watches I am more than a wee bit put off by the high cost of replacement straps. I took the stretch and ordered a 'genuine Crocodile' from the eBay seller out of Viet Nam, I am totally pleased with the strap seen here after 2 month wear.

I'm aware that the photos could be better but you have my word the straps are a bargain. I had one made in blue for another watch also. Both for 88.00 delivered. They were made long so took a while and cost a few dollars more. Frankly I need to say I am miffed at the fact that I have worn a truly great belt sized 36" X 1 1/4" around my waist for over 20 years. It is a Filson and although not fancy it is the best belt I ever owned longevity wise, it cost 39 dollars back then. The idea that a watch strap which will be due for replacement in a year if I use it often should cost 250 to 300 irks me. I buy expensive items frequently but I do not like to feel taken advantage of. My advice, check the guy out, you can get a size 36 Croc belt for under a hundred and yes there are croc's in Asia :)
    Hale color likes this.

Grab the occasion and get yourself a custom made strap.
    Plenty of craftsmen online, costing less than OEM.

"wholesaleoutlet990" on Ebay sells a lot of straps for the various TH models for around 40-50 bucks, I've been impressed with the quality of the ones I've gotten from them. They offer a generic TH clone clasp, as well as straps without, given that you've got the original clasp, I'd look that way.
    manroshan97 likes this.
    Tag Heuer Monaco CS2111 | Tudor Black Bay Heritage 7220r | Omega Seamaster Deville Cal. 565 | Grand Seiko 5646 7010 | King Seiko 5626 7000 | Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time | Seiko 6138 8030 JPS | Heuer Professional 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Is it breaking? In the pic it just looks like it's showing wear.

But, yeah, there are plenty of aftermarket options that are very nice quality. Those are something like $250 straight from Tag.
    Both straps are showing cracks, but I think they've served me well. 2 years of use as my daily driver in a tropical country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Honestly, you have the clasp which is the jewel of the strap, I'd go aftermarket and only you will know.
    I might go aftermarket, $300 for a strap is ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As much as I like my Tag watches I am more than a wee bit put off by the high cost of replacement straps.
    Well, that's pretty much every higher-end watch brand -- it's not like Tag is charging more than the rest. Considering the enormous selection when it comes to watch straps (including ones for Tag deployants), certainly no one is forced to buy the OEM options. And in fact, the markup over genuine alligator straps from the major third-party makers isn't very much. You can easily spend $200+ on a nice strap from Hadley-Roma, for example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information