I Should Have a Better Picture but.......
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By elbeik
  • 1 Post By Rakumi
  • 1 Post By rosborn
  • 1 Post By rosborn
  • 1 Post By Scubastevie00

Thread: I Should Have a Better Picture but.......

Ard

I Should Have a Better Picture but.......

My Carrera Calibre 5 came on the bracelet and I like the bracelet just fine.

But........... I've been wanting to put a strap to the watch ever since I got it. I settled on an exotic, a genuine crocodile in black. I had (as hoarders' sometimes do) a nice polished butterfly clasp to fit so I went that way instead of a tang buckle.

It took a couple days for my eyes to adjust to the change but now that they have I really like it better than on the bracelet.

Ard

Re: I Should Have a Better Picture but.......

I personally prefer leather straps. You can experiment with different straps, a chocolate brown alternative with off white stitching will also work well on your watch.
    Ard likes this.

A strap totally changes a watch. It grants much variation with just a single watch. One of my favorite designs, Carrera calibre 5.
    Ard likes this.

Ard

Quote Originally Posted by elbeik View Post
    I personally prefer leather straps. You can experiment with different straps, a chocolate brown alternative with off white stitching will also work well on your watch.
    Thanks to both of you for replying, I am going to get a deep brown with cream contrast stitching for it also but wanted to go basic black first. One day I'll become motivated to take a few pictures; I also picked up a second crocodile strap in dark blue with dark blue stitching. That one went on the Ball moon phase watch seen below with a black Hirsch Duke.

I just swapped off the black Hirsch and put on the new blue then put it back in its box. I'm hoping that it won't be too much blue? I'll take some pictures when the mood strikes me and post them. The strap itself is beautiful but I've never been good at adapting to color in watches. I consider it a big step that I got to really like the blue dial in the first place.

Thanks again for commenting,

Ard

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    My Carrera Calibre 5 came on the bracelet and I like the bracelet just fine.

But........... I've been wanting to put a strap to the watch ever since I got it. I settled on an exotic, a genuine crocodile in black. I had (as hoarders' sometimes do) a nice polished butterfly clasp to fit so I went that way instead of a tang buckle.

It took a couple days for my eyes to adjust to the change but now that they have I really like it better than on the bracelet.

Ard
    Very nice and classic look. I like it a lot!
    Ard likes this.
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic Mk II, and a Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1

Ard

Thanks Buddy,

I'm still wearing it, I put it on sometime around January 6th or so and haven't changed since. Now with the new strap I feel like it's a new watch. I got it last summer but nearly sold it for a huge loss because I wasn't sure I liked it. Maybe I thought I'd by something else if it sold but I got a couple offers for the watch that changed my mind about selling it. Offers that were more insult than offer, the watch was new so I decided to give it a chance. Now you couldn't get it from me for what I paid....................

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Thanks Buddy,

I'm still wearing it, I put it on sometime around January 6th or so and haven't changed since. Now with the new strap I feel like it's a new watch. I got it last summer but nearly sold it for a huge loss because I wasn't sure I liked it. Maybe I thought I'd by something else if it sold but I got a couple offers for the watch that changed my mind about selling it. Offers that were more insult than offer, the watch was new so I decided to give it a chance. Now you couldn't get it from me for what I paid....................
    I know what you mean...hey, I'll take that off your hands for $XXX. I've been in that boat and responded with, "I'm not interested in donating my watch, thank you." You made the right decision.
    Ard likes this.
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic Mk II, and a Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1

Nice watch.. I like it on the bracelet.
    Ard likes this.

Ard

I like the bracelet also but the crocodile strap provides me a change without my buying another watch, you know how that can be.......... I've been wearing this watch 24/7 since early January and I guess you could say I've bonded with it, it is now my watch. I want to change soon to another because I have 5 others, but then I have decided which I want to replace this with. I put pictures of all my watches in the Album / Gallery that is on my profile if you want to see the choices.

Ard

Thread Information