Issue with my first Tag?

Thread: Issue with my first Tag?

Issue with my first Tag?

Ordered this off of eBay the other day, it's a Formula 1 chrono, model CAH1112 to be exact. So far it's amazing. One thing though, I head somewhere that when the battery needs changing, the watch will act a little weird. Well on mine, when I reset the chrono, the minute counter doesn't reset, it also doesn't move when using the stopwatch. Anyone know the problem? Is it a simple battery issue? Here's a pic of the watch by the way.
    Name:  TAG Heuer.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  61.7 KB
    Everything I'm not made me everything I am

Re: Issue with my first Tag?

do a search on resetting chrono hands

My first aquaracer did this, it is easy to reset. Message me I have a pdf of how to reset it.
    Last edited by PaulyP; January 3rd, 2013 at 22:29.
    TAG Aquaracer 500 M Calibre 16 Chrono CAJ2110.BA0872
    TAG Aquaracer Chrono CAF1110
    Orient Blue Ray EM65009D
    G Shock GW500A-1V

Just a little update, I had the battery replaced, to no avail. The watchmaker told me something's wrong with the minutes chrono counter, and a new movement needed to be ordered and fitted, he was going to charge $350 to do this. I informed the seller and he gave me two options, send it back for a full refund, or send it back and he'll have his watchmaker repair it free of charge to me. So I chose the second option as I haven't been able to find another CAH1112. In order to assure I get my watch back in the end, being that for a little while he'll have both my watch and my money, I opened a dispute with PayPal, and we both agreed that we'll resolve it once the watch is back on my wrist and working perfectly.

You have a seller who sold you a defective watch, probably...unfortunately more than likely knowingly so. Now he's promised to fix the broken watch he knowingly sold to you...forget it! Get you're money back and move on. Great watch deals are only days away. I've gotten some awesome deals on my Tags by being patient and keeping my money available to buy when they come my way.
    Last edited by mjgibbs; January 16th, 2013 at 07:40.

Quote Originally Posted by mjgibbs View Post
    You have a seller who sold you a defective watch, probably...unfortunately more than likely knowingly so. Now he's promised to fix the broken watch he knowingly sold to you...forget it! Get you're money back and move on. Great watch deals are only days away. I've gotten some awesome deals on my Tags by being patient and keeping my money available to buy when they come my way.
    Yeah that's what's gonna happen. His watchmaker lost the part needed to repair it, so the seller said he'll just refund my money. I'll be on the look out for another deal.

Thread Information