The Kirium Club - Page 13
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: The Kirium Club

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 269
  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    117

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Quote Originally Posted by cfw View Post
    Thanks Tony, the guy that i bought mine from has a Ti5 Mclaren edition, very nice watch.

    What does the Chroneter stand for?

    Regards Francois
    Hi Francois

    Basically Chronometer means that the watch movement has been adjusted to achieve a certain (high) level of accuracy and usually would be officially certified that it does so. Most chronometers will have their certification number engraved on the watch case.

    Best regards
    Tony

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    301

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Quote Originally Posted by HPoirot View Post
    Hi gang!

    My quartz Kirium F1 is in need of a battery change. Though i know it's always better to change with the Service Centre, but can i just go to a watchmaker instead?

    55$ vs 20$.

    If i helps, mine's a digital and analogue model.
    I changed mine myself. It's pretty easy. Just turn out the case back, remove the old one and pop in the new one. Gotta take note; some new batteries are bad. I got a bad scare once; when my Kirium F1 did not work after changing battery. Popping another new battery did the trick. Apparently the first battery was bad.

    Another thing to note is how to align the manual hands with the digital time. You can find the info online.
    Last edited by Et209; May 18th, 2013 at 12:23. Reason: Add in the quote

  3. #123
    cfw
    cfw is offline
    Member cfw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeler7 View Post
    Hi Francois

    Basically Chronometer means that the watch movement has been adjusted to achieve a certain (high) level of accuracy and usually would be officially certified that it does so. Most chronometers will have their certification number engraved on the watch case.

    Best regards
    Tony
    Very intresting, i take it only auto watches are certified.

  4. #124
    cfw
    cfw is offline
    Member cfw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Hi attached is a pic of my Kirium WL1112-0's movement, should I be worried that there is no TAG logo or date stamped on it ?Regards Francois
    Attached Images Attached Images


  5. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom (Kent)
    Posts
    40

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Hello
    My name is terry and have just purchased my first Kirium.
    The watch was advertised as a quartz in the description but the pictures was that of a Chronometer watch. It came with box, manual (quartz one) and warranty card
    which is blank for some reason. Took a bit of a gamble on it but I do have 7 days to return if not happy. This site helped me to purchase this watch due to the info seen.
    A couple of things:
    1/ can you adjust the strap slightly as no extra links was with the item
    2/ manual for a chrono as the manual is for a quartz.
    Thanks again
    Terry
    UKName:  kirium 1.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  441.1 KBName:  024.JPG
Views: 1355
Size:  181.1 KB

  6. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    117

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Quote Originally Posted by suntantel View Post
    Hello
    My name is terry and have just purchased my first Kirium.
    The watch was advertised as a quartz in the description but the pictures was that of a Chronometer watch. It came with box, manual (quartz one) and warranty card
    which is blank for some reason. Took a bit of a gamble on it but I do have 7 days to return if not happy. This site helped me to purchase this watch due to the info seen.
    A couple of things:
    1/ can you adjust the strap slightly as no extra links was with the item
    2/ manual for a chrono as the manual is for a quartz.
    Thanks again
    Terry
    UKName:  kirium 1.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  441.1 KBName:  024.JPG
Views: 1355
Size:  181.1 KB
    Hi, if you paid a fair Quartz price and got an auto chronometer then you are probably the winner in that deal as the chronometers usually fetch a better price - providing they're running well.
    Boxes and booklets get mixed up in the shops, shame you didn't get the certificate though.

    Regards
    Tony

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom (Kent)
    Posts
    40

    Re: The Kirium Club

    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeler7 View Post
    Hi, if you paid a fair Quartz price and got an auto chronometer then you are probably the winner in that deal as the chronometers usually fetch a better price - providing they're running well.
    Boxes and booklets get mixed up in the shops, shame you didn't get the certificate though.

    Regards
    Tony
    Hi Tony
    Seems to be running fine but to be honest not sure on the wind up proceedure as no manual. It has a certificate but not filled in. Very pleased with it
    as it was purchased from a online pawn ...... which does have a good returns policy. For money terms the cost was £410 so quite happy with that quartz or Chrono.
    I do have a 4000 series which I have worn for 20 years and this Kirium just feels right like the 4000. First Chrono lets hope this gives me great service like the 4000.
    cheers
    Terry

  8. #128
    cfw
    cfw is offline
    Member cfw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: The Kirium Club

    My second Kirium, Ti5 limeted edition McLarenName:  my mclaren.JPG
Views: 1505
Size:  108.2 KBName:  my mclaren.JPG
Views: 1505
Size:  108.2 KB

  9. #129
    cfw
    cfw is offline
    Member cfw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: The Kirium Club

    [QUOTE=cfw;6357657]My second Kirium, Ti5 limeted edition McLarenName:  my mclaren.JPG
Views: 1505
Size:  108.2 KBA bargain @ $700

  10. #130
    Member samdwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Posts
    976

    Re: The Kirium Club

    I love mine and I had it for about 14 years, this was the first "Good" watch that was a gift from my father in Christmas I was only 15.



    mitadoc likes this.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •