The Link - S/EL Club - Page 22
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: The Link - S/EL Club

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    My Link Calibre 6

Re: The Link - S/EL Club

Link Calibre 16 - b&w play.

Name:  IMG_1966.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  87.8 KB
    colonelpurple likes this.

My CG1120

So many watches, so little time...

Hidden Content

The Link - S/EL Club

Back to automatic ... Ditching those batteries
    I love this watch. Especially the black ridged face, long hands and thinner bezel
    A real masterpiece of design

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 306
Size:  1.60 MB

Lastly this is a Kitsch photo but I love it:

Last edited by colonelpurple; October 1st, 2015 at 13:29.

I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

I've been a fan of Tag Heuer for a long time and finally decided to buy a used Link, my watch is a WT 1112-0. What's the difference between the Link that has the word "Link", as mine does, on the watch face and the Link that has "Professional" on the watch face? Many times the model numbers are identical so I was hoping someone could explain this to me please?

Name:  Tag.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  171.9 KB

Nothing. The watch is named after the strap which is on its 3rd version I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by colonelpurple View Post
    Nothing. The watch is named after the strap which is on its 3rd version I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhh....Thank you, but they both have the same band on most watches that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachguy View Post
    Ahhh....Thank you, but they both have the same band on most watches that I've seen.
    Only link watches have the link band

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by colonelpurple View Post
    Only link watches have the link band

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your response colonelpurple, but I'm still a bit confused as both watches have the same watch bands.

Let me do this with pictures.....the 2 pictures below are of a "Link" watch. The code for the watch marks them both as a "Link" watch yet one has the word "Professional" on it while the other has the word "Link" on it.

This watch is a WT1112. It has a slightly different watch face and the word "Professional" on it.

Name:  Link-Pro.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  203.0 KB

This watch is a WT1112. This is my watch and it has the word "Link" on it. They both have the same watch bands, BA0550, so I'm just asking if anybody knows the difference between the two watches?

Quote Originally Posted by Wachguy View Post
    Thank you for your response colonelpurple, but I'm still a bit confused as both watches have the same watch bands.

Let me do this with pictures.....the 2 pictures below are of a "Link" watch. The code for the watch marks them both as a "Link" watch yet one has the word "Professional" on it while the other has the word "Link" on it.

This watch is a WT1112. It has a slightly different watch face and the word "Professional" on it.

Name:  Link-Pro.jpg
Size:  203.0 KB

This watch is a WT1112. This is my watch and it has the word "Link" on it. They both have the same watch bands, BA0550, so I'm just asking if anybody knows the difference between the two watches?

I think it's a timing thing.

The earlier watches used the coloured logo and "professional" tag that was also used in the earlier S/EL series.

I believe that "professional" was also only used on the Quartz watches with the Automatics labelled as such. (Happy to be corrected if I am wrong about this.)

They then moved to the single colour logo, (which was already prevalent across a lot of new Tag Heuer models at this time), and "LINK" nomenclature.

It's likely that the earliest LINK watches just used left-over S/EL dials and movements with a newer case and band and was not unusual in this era for Tag Heuer to update selected model features as existing part stock ran out without changing model numbers.

(Roman numerals didn't appear on a lot of S/EL's and weren't popular sellers though so maybe they had a few of these in stock and needed to get rid of them?)

Hidden Content

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information