The Monaco Club - Page 19
Like Tree956Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by trienthusiast View Post
    Dear Mr. Raza, a question for you.

I also have set my eyes on a Monaco (calibre 12, black dial/subdials) and I loved it on my wrist. I am looking for a watch that I can wear in every kind of occasion: at a friend's wedding as well as to a rock festival.

I think the Monaco pulls this well in terms of looks and fit/finish. But it does look/feel too delicate for rough use. Maybe it's the croco strap but I wouldn't wear it to a festival.

So here comes my question. Once you have this watch... how can you wear anything else? Where do you wear your Monaco and where don't you?

I wear mine just about every day and for every kind of event. Like you said, when you have a Monaco, how can you wear anything else.

The exceptions for me is when I go for a swim or need to do hard physical labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mspeedster View Post
    I wear mine just about every day and for every kind of event. Like you said, when you have a Monaco, how can you wear anything else.

The exceptions for me is when I go for a swim or need to do hard physical labor.
    I think the best of both worlds with my Monaco is that I got the Racer version with the rubber strap. I can pull it off wearing dress up and down while not being worried about wearing out the strap. It's such a great watch to wear on a daily basis. It just feels good on the wrist.
    Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 | Panerai PAM00351 | Rolex Explorer II Polar 216570 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 Flyback Racing

Wishlist:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time
    IWC Portuguese 7-Days
    Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon
    Tudor North Flag

I saw a rubber strap picture on the forum somewhere. Was it yours? Did it come with the watch or is it aftermarket?

And... would you show me?
    Runner? visit runningshoesguru.com for the reviews of the Hidden Content !

The Monaco Racer comes with either a black croc strap or a rubber strap. I wouldn't know if it's mine since a few other members own the same watch. I like it since it isn't signed like the rubber straps on the F1s. Here's a photo of mine since you asked nicely.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 | Panerai PAM00351 | Rolex Explorer II Polar 216570 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 Flyback Racing

Wishlist:
    IWC Portuguese 7-Days
    Tudor North Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gelo24 View Post
    The Monaco Racer comes with either a black croc strap or a rubber strap. I wouldn't know if it's mine since a few other members own the same watch. I like it since it isn't signed like the rubber straps on the F1s. Here's a photo of mine since you asked nicely.

I like the rubber strap on the racer also... I don't like the signed F1s rubbers...
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

Hey guys, new to the forum today and very new to the world of higher end watches, just recently picking up a Monaco CW2113 last month. I just fell in love with the classic look and distinct styling of the Monaco. Upon seeing all the great photos in this thread, i have to ask how you guys keep your watches looking so perfect. I only wear my Monaco for going out and I'm very conscious of keeping it out of harms way so to speak. Being a perfectionist, i am amazed at all the hairline scratches i have picked up in such a short time, and wonder if my heart can take anymore. If you have any advice on care and upkeep, please share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtze View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum today and very new to the world of higher end watches, just recently picking up a Monaco CW2113 last month. I just fell in love with the classic look and distinct styling of the Monaco. Upon seeing all the great photos in this thread, i have to ask how you guys keep your watches looking so perfect. I only wear my Monaco for going out and I'm very conscious of keeping it out of harms way so to speak. Being a perfectionist, i am amazed at all the hairline scratches i have picked up in such a short time, and wonder if my heart can take anymore. If you have any advice on care and upkeep, please share, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Just a matter of being aware where your wrist is at all times to prevent scratches. Scratches also happen when you wind the watch because your fingernails rub against the case.

Otherwise, I keep and old T-shirt near my watch box and wipe it down after wearing.

Just be extra careful when you walk. I keep my arm in front of me when I walk in a crowd. When I enter doorways, I make sure my arm enters first then my body next. And when sitting down by a desk, I just lift my hand a little to avoid the clasp from getting scratched. You'll get used to it eventually and you wouldn't even notice that you're doing it.

Wishlist:
    IWC Portuguese 7-Days
    Tudor North Flag

The CW2113 has the plexi crystal. This is more true to the design of the original Monaco's from the '70s, but plexi is also a little easier to scratch. The current Monaco's, Cal 12 & 11, LS & 24 have sapphire crystal, which is more resilient against scratches.

Banned

I wasn't fully aware that the original Monaco has a plexi Crystal. Thanks for sharing that. Keep in mind though, being a Speedmaster fan (which comes with a Hesalite crystal) that a tube of polywatch WILL remove most scratches. Regrettably I do not own an original Monaco, (yet) and have to do with this Tag Heuer version: WW2110-0

Though whilst not a Monaco, this Heuer Autavia 11630 MH, apart from being an inscribed member of the Argentinean Air Force, does have a mineral crystal. It's also one of my favourites. My first Heuer, hopefully not my last.

mitadoc, Cowboy Bebop and Gelo24 like this.

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information