The Monaco Club - Page 20
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by yande View Post
    I wasn't fully aware that the original Monaco has a plexi Crystal. Thanks for sharing that. Keep in mind though, being a Speedmaster fan (which comes with a Hesalite crystal) that a tube of polywatch WILL remove most scratches. Regrettably I do not own an original Monaco, (yet) and have to do with this Tag Heuer version: WW2110-0

Though whilst not a Monaco, this Heuer Autavia 11630 MH, apart from being an inscribed member of the Argentinean Air Force, does have a mineral crystal. It's also one of my favourites. My first Heuer, hopefully not my last.

The Autavia looks in NOS condition too... nice...
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    The Autavia looks in NOS condition too... nice...
    I wish CB. I really wish..
    Regrettably I had to chose to re-lume the hands as parts of the lume material were falling out, and I placed a new bezel, which whilst a pretty good match is not perfect, due to the pearl dot, I think. (comments welcome.)
    The hands were a hard choice, but as you can see, I like to wear all my watches, and can't stand non factory skeleton hands. I have the original bezel.
    I have it from a very reliable source that the watch actually saw action in the Falklands War, and what better way to lose the NOS status.

Argentinian Air Force Insignia and issue number.

Thumbs Up Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by yande View Post
    I wish CB. I really wish..
    Regrettably I had to chose to re-lume the hands as parts of the lume material were falling out, and I placed a new bezel, which whilst a pretty good match is not perfect, due to the pearl dot, I think. (comments welcome.)
    The hands were a hard choice, but as you can see, I like to wear all my watches, and can't stand non factory skeleton hands. I have the original bezel.
    I have it from a very reliable source that the watch actually saw action in the Falklands War, and what better way to lose the NOS status.

Argentinian Air Force Insignia and issue number.

Dude it looks great still IMHO And leaves me watering....
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

^^^ At first I thought you had an "11" on your watch...but just the way the light reflects the two stick markers.

Nice tri-compax model.

Here is my first Tag. I got it yesterday its birthday/graduation present its the Gulf vintage limited edition of 2500 caw2113. I had the choice of quite a few Tags, But have allways been a big fan of Gulf racing so i knew it had to be this one.

Sorry for the bad picture its from a phone.

I typically don't join clubs that would accept me as a member. In this case I'll make an exception. Here is my 73633G.

Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rick View Post
    I typically don't join clubs that would accept me as a member. In this case I'll make an exception. Here is my 73633G.

It's hard to beat the classics, great watch! Thanks for posting. I'd love to see more vintage '70s Monaco members in this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan210 View Post
    Here is my first Tag. I got it yesterday its birthday/graduation present its the Gulf vintage limited edition of 2500 caw2113. I had the choice of quite a few Tags, But have allways been a big fan of Gulf racing so i knew it had to be this one.

Sorry for the bad picture its from a phone.
    Excellent!! Very nice Cal 12 Gulf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rick View Post

Well well if it isn't Mr Rick from chonocentric postings? Just a wild guess, yea that's Monaco is stunning to see...
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information