The Monaco Club - Page 30
Like Tree960Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by byhsu View Post
    nice picture, what setting did you use in your camera, Sepia?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    I vote this one of the best pictures of 2011 !
    Thanks for the compliments but to be honest it turned out this way because I screwed up & had a little too much light on the faces on the color shot

I changed it to monochrome in the Canon software then fooled around with contrast, highlight, shadow, sharpness, color filter settings etc. until it looked good. In this mode the extra direct light actually makes it look better.

I joined the club today. This new watch will be precious, but will also get regular if not daily wear. It was a huge bargain, although it did not come with typical documentation or display case. I'll try to get these from the Tag shop...

Name:  IMAG0114.jpg
Views: 2458
Size:  237.0 KB
    Last edited by bluefoam; December 31st, 2011 at 00:49.
    Leporello likes this.

Today's photograph...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

I wore my baby to work today... It sure looks nice on a dress shirt and black slacks.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    Today's photograph...
    enricodepaoli likes this.
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PJS View Post
    Nice idea having a Monaco Club, here are some images of mine CAW211A.EB0026 40th Anniversary LE 1000 and CW211A.FC6228 Gulf vintage LE 4000.

Cheers
    PJS
    Beautiful pics of beautiful watches!
    limo likes this.
    Could early Heuer chronos be any cooler?

After a long time viewing and reviewing this spectacular thread, I finally have my own Monaco to share. Thanks to Cowboy Bebop for taking care of this beauty. From Chicago, enjoy!

Name:  IMG_1204.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  203.3 KBName:  IMG_1217.jpg
Views: 1988
Size:  156.5 KBName:  IMG_1220.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  199.9 KB

It looks great on you and I am happy that it found a great owner.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Murphy View Post
    After a long time viewing and reviewing this spectacular thread, I finally have my own Monaco to share. Thanks to Cowboy Bebop for taking care of this beauty. From Chicago, enjoy!
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

I just visited the TAG Heuer Boutique store in Ginza, Tokyo. It was 3 stories of watches and various TAG Heuer fashion goods. I think they had just about every TAG Heuer piece available. Including a Monaco V4 that was selling for an extremely high price. I took a pic with my mobile phone, sorry - not the best quality.

They also had the new blue and silver striped Monaco McQueen limited edition, as well as the Japan only Ring Master Carreras. But instead of a watch, I opted for something cheaper. The Boutique carried the full line of Monaco 40th Anniversary Straps. There are 5 to choose from: Black alligator with Orange stitching, Black alligator with an Orange stripe and stitching (too over the top for me), Black calf skin with Red dots and stitching, Brown calf skin with Black dots and stitching, and Blue alligator with White dots and stitching. You can buy these these individually at the TH Ginza Boutique, where as on the internet all 5 seem to be sold together as a set kit.

While I prefer the face of the Monaco Gulf Grey vs. the Monaco Gulf Black, I've always liked the Black alligator with Orange stitching strap used on the Monaco Gulf Black and the Monaco 24 Gulf. The 40th Anniversary strap version differs in that it has an orange backing; which adds a little more pizzazz IMHO, because the orange backing runs up to the sides of the strap, making it visible on your wrist.

Man, I love the love in this thread. I'm glad I started it; it's nice to see all these Monacos together in one place.
    TAG Heuer Monaco Vintage LE|Omega Speedmaster Professional|Hamilton Pan Europ|Seiko SBDX001|Tudor Black Bay|Breitling B-1|Tudor Ranger

A man's watch is a very cherished thing. You steal that, you might as well be stealing his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Man, I love the love in this thread. I'm glad I started it; it's nice to see all these Monacos together in one place.
    Not only should we thank you for starting this awesome thread, but all the other ______ Club threads, which copied the Monaco Club, owe you a debt of thanks as well.

Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information