The Monaco Club - Page 31
Like Tree994Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 31 of 102 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Hi guys, i have a Carrera 1887 V2 and i love it to bits. Been tossing with the idea of adding a monaco to my humble collection for over a year now. I think i'm finally ready to pull the trigger so its between the black mcqueen or the black dial calibre 12. Slightly biased towards the plain black dial as i tend to favour a dressier look ;)

Any thoughts from you guys would be aprreciated

I have been looking for a McQueen monaco for weeks now...this thread does not help my cause

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tian View Post
    Hi guys, i have a Carrera 1887 V2 and i love it to bits. Been tossing with the idea of adding a monaco to my humble collection for over a year now. I think i'm finally ready to pull the trigger so its between the black mcqueen or the black dial calibre 12. Slightly biased towards the plain black dial as i tend to favour a dressier look ;)

Any thoughts from you guys would be aprreciated
    They're both nice. It's really just a matter of one's taste. I do agree that the all black looks dressier. My own taste runs more towards the sporty side, so I like the contrast of the lighter sub-dials and red highlights of black mcqueen. But I'd get the alligator strap to dress it up over the rubber strap.

I agree with you Mspeedster.

Ultimately i think i would love to have the Monaco vintage grey LE CAW211B. Its ideal for me in the sense that its a pretty accurate re-edition, understated grey dial just the way i like it, Heuer 'branding' and nice LE box, all at a reasonable price. Its still dressy but with a nice retro/vintage feel and a hint of sportiness. Saw that its in stock at authenticwatches.com for about the same money that i will paying for a calibre 12 CAW2110 at my AD here in Malaysia. Is this site trustworthy?

Let me tempt you some more:

Name:  IMG_0690.jpg
Views: 2292
Size:  96.7 KB

Serial Numbers on the TAG Monacos.

I am looking at a Monaco watch with the TAGHEUER logo with steel band. Movement has the CALIBRE 17 with the proper TAGHEUER writing in gold color. Owner found the number 2894-2, which I think is the movement number not a serial number. The back case is a solid not see through back/cover. Has TAGHEUER logo stamped as well as MONACO above the logo and SWISS MADE SINCE 1860 and at the bottom WATER RERSISTANCE 30M. The outer back plate does not have a model and serial number.

Where else should I look for to see if the watch is authentic? I read the end where the lugs are might be the model and serial number. Is this right and is there another place to check (I have not been able to check the lug area? The owner said that not all models had the serial and model number on the back plate.

Also, on an automatic TAG with stop watch (like the Monaco I am looking at), is it safe to say that the watch is authentic if the stop watch works as a stopwatch and resets? I am thinking that this is one way of telling a replica from an authentic.

Thanks.

Finally got myself a Monaco. Bought pre-loved but in really good condition.

My first major watch purchase. Very happy :) Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 2217
Size:  115.5 KBName:  tag1.jpg
Views: 2210
Size:  78.2 KB
    sunspot2013, mitadoc and JonS1967 like this.

Hello, I've been following (and loving) this thread for months. Apart from the watches themselves I have been massively impressed by the standard of the photography. Here's a shot of my recently aquired Golf Monaco.

Name:  Web#2a.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  126.1 KB

It's the weekend and it is freezing outside so I've been playing again. The book is the auction catalogue from the sale of the Arno Haslinger collection.

Name:  WatchCatalogue.jpg
Views: 2109
Size:  123.3 KB
    JonS1967 and kazuya47 like this.

Page 31 of 102 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread Information