The Monaco Club - Page 32
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

what a cool book.... I'll try to find me one. Congrats on the Monaco !
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Beckerman View Post
    It's the weekend and it is freezing outside so I've been playing again. The book is the auction catalogue from the sale of the Arno Haslinger collection.

Attachment 624684
    Ah, the same watch (Yes, Arno's watch) in a photo I took at the auction preshow.
    Name:  watches4w.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  119.9 KB

Nice
    Mspeedster likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

My only tag..........
    Can I join the club??
    Name:  Picture 389 (Small).jpg
Views: 1864
Size:  55.3 KB

After a month of tough deliberation between a grey dial monaco LE and the Rolex submariner, i've decided to go with the monaco (however the sub is now my next target!). Now the hard part is waiting for it to ship from the USA to Malaysia. I've gotta start taking up a new hobby or something to focus my attention elsewhere :) Can't wait to take that first wrist shot to share here.

Congratulations on your purchase! Will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Name:  IMG_0709.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  156.4 KB
    Andy Tian and JonS1967 like this.

Wow you have the croc strap on the grey dial? And i would like to add a silverstone to my collection one day. Pretty cool combo you have there :)

Grey seems to be a popular color lately. Here is my 73633G

Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rick View Post
    Grey seems to be a popular color lately. Here is my 73633G

That's the vintage model I'd want.
    As nice as the idea of having a Calibre 11/12 watch would be, the reality is that isn't all that great a movement and that grey and red is just so good looking.
    The vertical hour batons give it a more unique look and I love how they've kept the numeral arrangement in the sub-dials all the same.
    Cool.
    Hidden Content

Thoughts for the day:
    if you have to shout to get attention, you're not worth the time
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tian View Post
    Wow you have the croc strap on the grey dial? And i would like to add a silverstone to my collection one day. Pretty cool combo you have there :)
    Thanks Andy. I recently sold my Speedmaster because it really just didn't have a fighting chance against the Monaco and Silverstone - I am too much a car guy and Heuer buff. Generally I am a big fan of perforated straps, but for whatever reason don't care for the perforated strap which comes on the grey vintage. Eventually I would like to pick up a vintage Corfam strap, non-padded with large holes down the center and smaller holes on each side. In the meantime, I managed to snag the TAG croc strap on the cheap (relatively speaking) on ebay. Purists may cringe, but I think it complements the watch quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by sunspot2013 View Post
    Thanks Andy. I recently sold my Speedmaster because it really just didn't have a fighting chance against the Monaco and Silverstone - I am too much a car guy and Heuer buff. Generally I am a big fan of perforated straps, but for whatever reason don't care for the perforated strap which comes on the grey vintage. Eventually I would like to pick up a vintage Corfam strap, non-padded with large holes down the center and smaller holes on each side. In the meantime, I managed to snag the TAG croc strap on the cheap (relatively speaking) on ebay. Purists may cringe, but I think it complements the watch quite nicely.
    I love perforated straps too. I think the stock one that comes on Vintage Grey LE is quite comfortable and looks great. But the perforated croc strap on the Silverstone looks even better. How do you like the Silverstone strap? I think the Blue Silverstone strap would also look fantastic on a Blue McQueen Monaco.

Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread Information