The Monaco Club - Page 38
Like Tree960Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 ... LastLast
    North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Re: The Monaco Club

After pouring over details of the Carrera Day-Date (CV2A10), I instead joined the Monaco club this weekend. Was down in Portland for the weekend and saw an ever-so-slightly used CAW2111 in amazing shape for a good price. I had to pull the trigger. Big thanks to Carter at Alex & Co. Jewellery Watchworks. Only photo so far is this lousy iPhone one. I am absolutely LOVING the watch though. I've wanted one for a long time but thought it would be another couple years before I could afford one, so happy that it wasn't the case!

Name:  monaco wrist shot.JPG
Views: 3316
Size:  293.6 KB
    Last edited by wren; May 23rd, 2012 at 00:44. Reason: downsizing massive picture
    sunspot2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAlex View Post
    In that case you must get a pair of these:
    where do I get them :)

Quote Originally Posted by speedster25 View Post
    where do I get them :)
    Shoes here.
    Other Gulf merchandise here.
    Make sure you post a photo when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    S/B this one:

Wow. That deployant clasp is fantastic. Where can I find one like it?

Double post. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Vintage Racer; May 26th, 2012 at 02:25.

Hi All
    First post here, great site!

Been looking at the site for some time now and wanted this to be my first post…….I’ve been bitten by the bug again and was doing some research on a new purchase.

Here is a pic of my Monaco with croc strap that’s about 8 years old, pretty standard model but it was the first “proper” watch I lusted after and was lucky enough to get it in my early 20’s, always loved the watch and will always keep it. I’ve noticed that some of you Monaco owners were drawn to the model because of the Steve McQueen connection, here is a picture of my other passion, original Porsche memorabilia posters, Steve in preparation for filming Lemans took part in races in a Porsche 908 at Sebring, Phoenix and Holtville racetracks and came second in one race while up against much more established drives at the time such as Mario Andretti. Porsche never to miss a marketing opportunity commissioned this poster to promote the brand it's quite big at 30x40” and dated May 1970, they also would commission a poster to commemorate if they won a race, Porsche would then print limited runs and send them to Porsche dealership and special customers, there has been many produced down the years since 1950 but the Steve McQueen poster is considered the grail poster and is worth alot more that the Watch!

Last edited by Mad eye; May 28th, 2012 at 21:57.
    speedster25 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad eye View Post
    Hi All

Been looking at the site for some time now and wanted this to be my first post…….I’ve been bitten by the bug again and was doing some research on a new purchase.

Here is a pic of my Monaco with croc strap that’s about 8 years old, pretty standard model but it was the first “proper” watch I lusted after and was lucky enough to get it in my early 20’s, always loved the watch and will always keep it. I’ve noticed that some of you Monaco owners were drawn to the model because of the Steve McQueen connection, here is a picture of my other passion, original Porsche memorabilia posters, Steve in preparation for filming Lemans took part in races in a Porsche 908 at Sebring, Phoenix and Holtville racetracks and came second in one race while up against much more established drives at the time such as Mario Andretti. Porsche never to miss a marketing opportunity commissioned this poster to promote the brand it's quite big at 30x40” and dated May 1970, they also would commission a poster to commemorate if they won a race, Porsche would then print limited runs and send them to Porsche dealership and special customers, there has been many produced down the yers since 1950 but the Steve McQueen poster is considered the grail poster and is worth alot more that the Watch!

Hi and welcome aboard. I'm one of those who came to watches and Heuer in particular through the motor racing connection so appreciate your input. Love the poster, if you have more please share with us. I think the Porsche & Steve McQueen memorabilia is integral to my appreciation of the Monaco watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad eye View Post
    Hi All

Here is a pic of my Monaco with croc strap that’s about 8 years old, pretty standard model but it was the first “proper” watch I lusted after and was lucky enough to get it in my early 20’s, always loved the watch and will always keep it. I’ve noticed that some of you Monaco owners were drawn to the model because of the Steve McQueen connection, here is a picture of my other passion, original Porsche memorabilia posters, Steve in preparation for filming Lemans took part in races in a Porsche 908 at Sebring, Phoenix and Holtville racetracks and came second in one race while up against much more established drives at the time such as Mario Andretti. Porsche never to miss a marketing opportunity commissioned this poster to promote the brand it's quite big at 30x40” and dated May 1970, they also would commission a poster to commemorate if they won a race, Porsche would then print limited runs and send them to Porsche dealership and special customers, there has been many produced down the years since 1950 but the Steve McQueen poster is considered the grail poster and is worth alot more that the Watch!

Nice story, thanx for charing it with us!

Hi guys

I am a massive F1 and racing fan and have always wanted a Monaco. I am looking at buying the Calibre 12 CAW2111. Here in the UK it is now £4250! I am trying to justify the expense so need a bit of persuading! Probably not much!

Alos I have been told that the watch is no longer in production and therefore it is just the stock in showrooms that is avaiable. As this wacth has been available since 2009 I think (?) I am a bit reluctant as it may have been tried on by numerous people and been on display in bright lights etc. When spending that much money on an item I raelly love I want it to be perfect!

Any adavice welcome please as I want to join the club!

Thanks

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by darkknightf1 View Post
    Hi guys

I am a massive F1 and racing fan and have always wanted a Monaco. I am looking at buying the Calibre 12 CAW2111. Here in the UK it is now £4250! I am trying to justify the expense so need a bit of persuading! Probably not much!

Alos I have been told that the watch is no longer in production and therefore it is just the stock in showrooms that is avaiable. As this wacth has been available since 2009 I think (?) I am a bit reluctant as it may have been tried on by numerous people and been on display in bright lights etc. When spending that much money on an item I raelly love I want it to be perfect!

Any adavice welcome please as I want to join the club!

Thanks

Michael
    I was also also told by a salesman in a branch of Goldsmiths that the Monaco was no longer in production. Basically he couldn't see one in the window so made the statement in an attempt to try and sell me a Carrera. Don't believe a word of it, if it was in run-out why did the price just go up from £3950 to £4250 - and then they just introduced a couple more special editions.

On a more positive note, don't overlook the option of buying used as it tends to be a treasured posession and people do look after them. As far as I can see the Calibre 12 is still quite rare on the used market but they do pop up. It is also worth having the discount conversation, I was quoted £3250 earlier this year although I can't remember if the full retail had gone up at that point.
    Last edited by Beckerman; May 29th, 2012 at 19:00.

Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread Information