The Monaco Club - Page 39
Like Tree956Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by Beckerman View Post
    I was also also told by a salesman in a branch of Goldsmiths that the Monaco was no longer in production. Basically he couldn't see one in the window so made the statement in an attempt to try and sell me a Carrera. Don't believe a word of it, if it was in run-out why did the price just go up from £3950 to £4250 - and then they just introduced a couple more special editions.

On a more positive note, don't overlook the option of buying used as it tends to be a treasured posession and people do look after them. As far as I can see the Calibre 12 is still quite rare on the used market but they do pop up. It is also worth having the discount conversation, I was quoted £3250 earlier this year although I can't remember if the full retail had gone up at that point.
    Thanks for your advice!

I emailed Goldsmiths and they told me they could not order any new ones and so if I ordered online it would come from one of their stores where it has been on display. It's strange as it is in the current Tag catalogue

I am waiting to hear back from Tag Heuer themselves to see if I can buy direct. Iknow I'm being picky but I want one that has not been touched by other customers! The one in my local Goldsmiths has been sat there for over a year!

If I can't get one that has not ben on display I will definitely be asking for discount!

Thanks again and any more advice would be appreciated. Is everyone happy with their Calibre 12? The blue looks so nice!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by darkknightf1 View Post
    Thanks for your advice!

I emailed Goldsmiths and they told me they could not order any new ones and so if I ordered online it would come from one of their stores where it has been on display. It's strange as it is in the current Tag catalogue

I am waiting to hear back from Tag Heuer themselves to see if I can buy direct. Iknow I'm being picky but I want one that has not been touched by other customers! The one in my local Goldsmiths has been sat there for over a year!

If I can't get one that has not ben on display I will definitely be asking for discount!

Thanks again and any more advice would be appreciated. Is everyone happy with their Calibre 12? The blue looks so nice!

Michael
    I am sure there are better informed folks than me on the forum here, but I would be amazed and disappointed if one of the key iconic Tag Heuer products has been discontinued. Is this a case of the blue version being temporarily out of production while other versions are being produced, or do they constrain production numbers to maintain a level of exclusivity. Not sure how it works in the watch world.

the caw2111 is a running model. not discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    the caw2111 is a running model. not discontinued.
    Thanks. Do you know why they would say they cannot order a brand new one for me at the jewlellers? They have said it will just be stock that is on display

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of buying a Monaco. My options are a new CAW2111.FC6183 or a secondhand Calibre 17 or a secondhand Ls.

Any input appreciated

it depends if you like the more modern ones, or the vintage ones. There are also the re-issue versions. Between the options you gave, I'd personally choose the Calibre 17 for the following reasons:

- I like plexiglass better than crystal on the Monaco. Gives it a more vintage look and feel.
    - The Calibre 17 is 1mm smaller. The Monaco already looks big by nature. I don't think it needs an extra mm on the case...

My opinion! I personaly own the very first Monaco re-issue. It has a Calibre 17 movement, and plexiglass. I just love the watch. Love the way the dial is clean, classy, and vintage.

Between your options, I'd go for a blue Calibre 17 version. Good luck!

Name:  Monaco-Re-edition3.jpg
Views: 1867
Size:  181.1 KBName:  116367d1216218123-fs-heuer-monaco-re-issue-heuer-monaco-c.jpg
Views: 1877
Size:  54.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mc Monaco View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm thinking of buying a Monaco. My options are a new CAW2111.FC6183 or a secondhand Calibre 17 or a secondhand Ls.

Any input appreciated
    Mc Monaco likes this.
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

I've been looking into joining the monaco club and have my eye on the LE Monaco with the orange hands but haven't seen them around at all not even 2nd hand... most i see is the LE with red hands, any idea why is that?
    Last edited by vidizzle; June 18th, 2012 at 01:32.

it could be that some models are steered more to overseas markets... try searching in Europe and in the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by vidizzle View Post
    I've been looking into joining the monaco club and have my eye on the LE Monaco with the orange dials but haven't seen them around at all not even 2nd hand... most i see is the LE with red hands, any idea why is that?
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

sorry i meant orange hands caw211c is the model

Figured I'd chime in. This is my newest, the picture below is the last day I will ever wear it on my right wrist, thanks to the advice of PJS..
    Name:  Heuer Monaco Dial.jpg
Views: 2556
Size:  737.8 KB
    Name:  Monaco Le Mans Heuer.jpg
Views: 1799
Size:  492.7 KB

Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread Information