The Monaco Club - Page 40
Like Tree962Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1001
  1. #391
    Member augustorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37

    Re: The Monaco Club

    First off allow a newb to ask perhaps an ignorant question or two or more. Why hide the serial number? My grandfather gave me 60 watches at the end of last year as part of my inheritance. Among them is a Monaco V4. I would like to get some more info on it but as I understand it, I have to give up the SN to get the info I want correct? I would like to get the entire collection (my purchases included) evaluated and appraised but after checking into it, I don't know that I can afford it. Is it common practice to charge by the piece for such appraisals? According to my grandfather and these are his words...."You have a family now...Don't ever sell these...They are better than a 401K". He is still alive (92) and has an insurance policy on the collection that he still pays. At the moment they are in a SDB at my bank. I am also a bit weary about transporting all these pieces to who knows where. I don't want to appear ungrateful so should I hold off on having someone look at them? Perhaps wait until I am the one paying the insurance premiums? I have been googling all the pieces but I have yet to really get finite info on any of them. Also I'm a bit nervous now that I see that I'm not supposed to give out SNs like I have been doing recently.

    Oh and a little secret...I have never liked square watches but this might be the coolest thing I have EVER seen.


    Any advice is much appreciated.

    Thanks
    My Current Rotation
    Hidden Content
    Tissot PRS 516, Tissot T-Touch, Tag Formula 1, Citizen 8700, ESQ Aston, Bulova Swarovski

  2. #392
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    20

    Re: The Monaco Club

    Hi Guys

    I am still debating whether or not to buy the new Calibre 12 Monaco blue CAW2111. Please can any owners let me know their thoughts and if they are happy with their purchase.

    Also I have read that some people think plexi glass looks nicer than the sapphire crystal. What do owners think of the sapphire on the Calibre 12 Monaco?

    I had a Tag F1 years ago but sold it and looking to invest in something more substantail now. I also really like the new F1 ceramic so I may buy both!

    Any views would be appreciated!

    Michael

    PS I love the photos taken by Winconsin - the blue Calibre 12 looks stunning! Someone also wrote 'when you have one Blue Monaco that's all you need', I'm hoping to join the club!

  3. #393
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    20

    Re: The Monaco Club

    Which Monaco is this?

  4. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    20

    Re: The Monaco Club

    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    Monaco evening with some class ;)
    Which Monaco is this on page 7 of this forum? The one with the evening dress suit

  5. #395
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Monaco Club

    hi darkknightf1, this is the very first of the Monaco re-issues, after the original from the early 70s stopped being made. It was released around 1998. Its model number is CS2110, and it is my favorite Monaco re-issue of all, with only the latest Monaco vintage in blue coming close. Here below are some web photos. Welcome to the forum!

    Name:  ta2815.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  30.3 KBName:  Monaco-Re-edition3.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  181.1 KBName:  tag-heuer-cs-2110-35707.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  48.9 KBName:  small_cs2110front.JPG
Views: 1881
Size:  62.2 KB

    and this image on tux, is me and my Monaco :)



    Quote Originally Posted by darkknightf1 View Post
    Which Monaco is this on page 7 of this forum? The one with the evening dress suit
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  6. #396
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    266

    Re: The Monaco Club

    ^^^ Is that your Grammy accepting watch? haha

  7. #397
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Monaco Club

    hahaha I did not go to the ceremony.. I was on tour, mixing. But I would have worn my gold Carrera, to match the gold statuettes ! lol

    but I am wearing the Monaco today.. working in the studio, relax with cargo shorts and Vegas' Palms' T-shirt :) When I was on tux, the Monaco relaxed the look. On shorts, the Monaco does the dressing-up task :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Protest View Post
    ^^^ Is that your Grammy accepting watch? haha
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  8. #398
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    266

    Re: The Monaco Club

    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    hahaha I did not go to the ceremony.. I was on tour, mixing. But I would have worn my gold Carrera, to match the gold statuettes ! lol

    but I am wearing the Monaco today.. working in the studio, relax with cargo shorts and Vegas' Palms' T-shirt :) When I was on tux, the Monaco relaxed the look. On shorts, the Monaco does the dressing-up task :)
    Haha nice. Did you see the rose gold 1887 coming out? I'm sure you did.

    That's a pretty sweet gig dude. I wish I could have done something in music for a living, but accounting is just like the music business... except for the fun...and the music. Anyway, I'm gonna have to save, and get a Monaco someday. As you said, you can wear them with anything, and they always look good. For now I have a Seiko that kind of looks like one haha.

  9. #399
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Monaco Club

    hahha the grass is always greener. What makes my life wonderful is not artists, fame or even music. It LOVE for excellence and for the little moments. That can be achieved in any profession. I too have the bad hair days!

    I wear a nice hat on those :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Protest View Post
    Haha nice. Did you see the rose gold 1887 coming out? I'm sure you did.

    That's a pretty sweet gig dude. I wish I could have done something in music for a living, but accounting is just like the music business... except for the fun...and the music. Anyway, I'm gonna have to save, and get a Monaco someday. As you said, you can wear them with anything, and they always look good. For now I have a Seiko that kind of looks like one haha.
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  10. #400
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    20

    Re: The Monaco Club

    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    hi darkknightf1, this is the very first of the Monaco re-issues, after the original from the early 70s stopped being made. It was released around 1998. Its model number is CS2110, and it is my favorite Monaco re-issue of all, with only the latest Monaco vintage in blue coming close. Here below are some web photos. Welcome to the forum!

    Name:  ta2815.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  30.3 KBName:  Monaco-Re-edition3.jpg
Views: 1854
Size:  181.1 KBName:  tag-heuer-cs-2110-35707.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  48.9 KBName:  small_cs2110front.JPG
Views: 1881
Size:  62.2 KB

    and this image on tux, is me and my Monaco :)

    Thanks for the info!

    What is your opinion on the Calibre 12 blue monaco CAW2111. It will be my firts Monaco :)

    Thanks

    michael

Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •