The Monaco Club - Page 47
Like Tree1021Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by Robrkid View Post
    Good day gentlemen.

Recently I had decided to go for my second Swiss watch. I currently have the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono in orange. Which I love very much.
    Well I was all set with a deposit down on the new Omega Planet Ocean when I got the Blu Ray of Le Mans for Christmas, which I hadn't watched before. Then I found this thread and read it from start to finish one night which changed my mind completely. The next night I went to try the Monaco on.

I tried various limited editions on but couldn't decide which I liked best.

Le Automobile Club de Monaco
    Attachment 940132
    Attachment 940135

The New calibre 11 style
    Attachment 940136
    Attachment 940137

And this limited to 250 pieces. Apparently a (UK) Goldsmiths only limited edition. However this was in Beaverbrooks so who knows what that's about.
    Attachment 940146
    Attachment 940148
    Attachment 940152

But as its my 1st Tag Heuer Monaco I knew that I if I got a limited edition I'd always wish that I'd gone for classic old blue. And so that's the one I went for.
    Attachment 940160

I am extremely happy that I found this thread, saw that movie and went for something different for my second Swiss watch. Thanks for all who posted before with their pictures. Tag owe you a commission.

Ps. I'll try to post better pictures of mine. These were all done with my phone.

Cheers

Rob
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hi Rob

I have ben considering the blue Monaco Calibre 12 for about a year now! I know I will take the plunge at some point! How much did you get it for at Beaverbrooks? What do you think of it having owned it for a few days? I'm also interested in the F1 ceramic and Carrera 43mm white dial, but think Monaco will be my first!

Thanks

Michael

The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by darkknightf1 View Post
    Hi Rob

I have ben considering the blue Monaco Calibre 12 for about a year now! I know I will take the plunge at some point! How much did you get it for at Beaverbrooks? What do you think of it having owned it for a few days? I'm also interested in the F1 ceramic and Carrera 43mm white dial, but think Monaco will be my first!

Thanks

Michael
    Hi Michael

I didn't buy it at Beaverbrooks as they didn't have the blue one in, and I wanted to go to Goldsmiths as I got my last watch from them. It was the limited edition I tried that was in Beaverbrooks. Just paid listed price for it as going for interest free, but they will definitely discount if you're paying for it there and then. Still really love the watch as its so different to my Omega. I'm also a big F1 fan and was lucky enough to go to the Monaco Grand Prix last year, so this is another reason I went for this watch with its motor sport connections. It's great so far, and searching online it looks like you can get some really good alternative straps for it, so you can have a bit of a change. Also looking through earlier posts you can see different options looking really good.

Still really glad I bought this watch and that there is a great Monaco wearers community like this.

Rob

The Monaco Club

Today

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359989752.221095.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  47.6 KB
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Hi guys, I don't know if its appropriate to post this here, but I need some advice on this situation from the experts.
    I purchased a CAW2110 when it first launched and 1 month after the warranty expired, crap happens. I accidentally knocked it onto a metal fence and the edges actually sort of nicked my bezel.

Called up the Tag and enquired the cost for having it replaced and its a whooping 750USD to have it done as it comes together with the sapphire crystal. I asked if I can do without the crystal as its kinda redundant, but I was rejected. I know most would say to live with it but I am kinda "affected" in a way. Would like to ask if there are any other monaco models that shares the same bezel size or any third party seller whom I could purchased it from. Do kindly hope to hear from you guys. Cheers Darren
    Last edited by zeikphur; February 6th, 2013 at 04:40.

Hi Darren, I am sorry for your accident. Maybe some pictures can help others visualize the problem in order to give you some advices. Best
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    Kirium F1

Heuer :
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    Today

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359989752.221095.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  47.6 KB
    The watch looks really good man!
    Watch noob!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemper View Post
    The watch looks really good man!
    Many thanks, Lemper ! I must agree :)
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    Kirium F1

Heuer :
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Hi Guys

I got the classic blue Monaco (CW2113) about 10 years ago which I still love as much today as the the day I bought it.
    Attachment 971449
    I've just discovered there is a Monaco Cufflink range and I'd really like to get a set to compliment my watch however none of the current range appears to be a good match.
    Does anyone know if Tag have done a good set to match this watch previously or is it a new range? If so potentially a more appropriate set could follow later in the year?

Thanks

Darren
    Last edited by DazNorthEast; February 13th, 2013 at 19:27.
    enricodepaoli likes this.

Here's my latest acquisition.
    It's a CW2113 that came with a BA0780 bracelet but I fitted an FC6300 strap from the CAW211D (How many part numbers can you fit into a short sentence?).

I like the quick release spring bars

arkane, mitadoc, Beckerman and 2 others like this.

The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAlex View Post
    Here's my latest acquisition.
    It's a CW2113 that came with a BA0780 bracelet but I fitted an FC6300 strap from the CAW211D (How many part numbers can you fit into a short sentence?).

I like the quick release spring bars

This looks great. I really wanted a strap like that one to so I can have a change. I take it that is an official Tag strap? I've seen an aftermarket one on eBay which is black. Not sure how that will look. But yours looks great and I'd also like to get the deployment with the Heure sign too.

I've heard these quick release spring bars mentioned but don't quite know what I'm looking for. Can you explain?

Thanks

Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread Information