The Monaco Club - Page 50
Like Tree951Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

Quote Originally Posted by Robrkid View Post
    Is it the same strap as AussieAlex posted? It looks more black than navy blue.
    Yes, that's the same strap. It's dark navy blue, can look black under some lighting conditions.

Yes, it's the same strap FC6300.

This looks fantastic. And again I love this strap. Is it the same strap as AussieAlex posted? It looks more black than navy blue.

Great watch.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

Right that's it. I'm going to see if I can pick that strap up this weekend. It has to be done.

Thanks chaps.

Cowboy Bebop likes this.

Thanks!

I thought I would add a couple of photos of mine while this thread is on a bit of a strap theme. It's a grey Gulf CAW2113 Vintage LE which originally came on a flat grey crocodile strap which I think is ref FC6250. While I absolutely loved the watch itself I was not sure if I liked the strap so fairly quickly changed to the perforated rally style one from the 40th Anniversary Calibre 11 (FC6241). Not cheap by any means but I felt that it suited the watch much better and was more in keeping with the style of the originals.

However, when the Monaco ACM special edition appeared on the Calibre11 website I was absolutely certain that the strap would work perfectly with my grey Gulf. It took months to arrive from Switzerland and the price made me wince but I am pretty pleased with the results. I'm not sure how durable the textured matte finish is but I tend not to wear it at my desk where I seem to inflict most of the wear and tear to my watches.

Name:  WP_000007.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  384.5 KB
    Name:  WP_000004.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  386.4 KB

For reference the code is FC6311
    Last edited by Beckerman; April 4th, 2013 at 21:09. Reason: the usual typos

Quote Originally Posted by Beckerman View Post
    I thought I would add a couple of photos of mine while this thread is on a bit of a strap theme. It's a grey Gulf CAW2113 Vintage LE which originally came on a flat grey crocodile strap which I think is ref FC6250. While I absolutely loved the watch itself I was not sure if I liked the strap so fairly quickly changed to the perforated rally style one from the 40th Anniversary Calibre 11 (FC6241). Not cheap by any means but I felt that it suited the watch much better and was more in keeping with the style of the originals.

However, when the Monaco ACM special edition appeared on the Calibre11 website I was absolutely certain that the strap would work perfectly with my grey Gulf. It took months to arrive from Switzerland and the price made me wince but I am pretty pleased with the results.

Name:  WP_000007.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  384.5 KB
    Name:  WP_000004.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  386.4 KB

I'm not sure how durable the textured matte finish is but I tend not to wear it at my desk where I seem to inflict most of the wear to my watches.
    I like this. I would prefer this if I had that watch. The matte finish just works better.

Good stuff.

dem123 likes this.

Friday lunch with a friend
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by AaaVee; April 5th, 2013 at 14:12.
    enricodepaoli and Beckerman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAlex View Post
    Here's my latest acquisition.
    It's a CW2113 that came with a BA0780 bracelet but I fitted an FC6300 strap from the CAW211D (How many part numbers can you fit into a short sentence?).

I like the quick release spring bars

Ok well my order is in for this strap. Hopefully wont take too long. Also enquirer about the "Heuer" clasp too which I will also pick up in the not too distant future.
    I asked my dealer about this spring bar which I presumed came with the strap but he was unsure what I meant. Is this something you bought seperately?

Cheers

I asked my dealer about this spring bar which I presumed came with the strap but he was unsure what I meant. Is this something you bought seperately?
    Strangely enough, my strap came sealed in a TAG Heuer packet with both types of spring bar. I don't know why you'd need both types?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieAlex View Post
    Strangely enough, my strap came sealed in a TAG Heuer packet with both types of spring bar. I don't know why you'd need both types?
    Well I'll just hope for the same then.

Thanks.

Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information