The Monaco Club - Page 99
Like Tree995Likes

Thread: The Monaco Club

Page 99 of 102 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast

Re: The Monaco Club

I have a chance to buy a new CAW211P straight from Tag(AD) for $4000 flat - good price? Or something that can be available later as well

Wow, what a beautiful piece. I find that with the Monacos, the honeymoon just keeps going and the folks that own them love them alot. It's a combination of the square case, blue dials and contrasting subdials. I just sold my CW2113-0 (with bracelet) to fund this iteration, looking to scratch the itch in the next few weeks!
    JonS1967 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono_Man View Post
    Wow, what a beautiful piece. I find that with the Monacos, the honeymoon just keeps going and the folks that own them love them alot. It's a combination of the square case, blue dials and contrasting subdials. I just sold my CW2113-0 (with bracelet) to fund this iteration, looking to scratch the itch in the next few weeks!
    I'm very happy with mine. It's definitely going to a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BVItalia View Post
    Love mine! Bought new in 2009, my first substantial watch purchase!

Attachment 10537146
    Great background.What strap is that?
    JonS1967 likes this.
    Trying to come up with something pithy....

Hidden Content

I have wanted a Monaco for 19 years now. Hopefully, I will be joining the club soon.
    JonS1967 likes this.

Aloha Monaco enthusiasts. I'm super new to this site and this will be my first of many posts. So after obsessing with a blue face Monaco Calibre 12 for the last 7 years, my wife bought me one for my 33 bday back in May of 2016. Now, I am confused in the following aspects:1. What year was the watch manufactured? The model number is CAW2111-0. What do those numbers mean?2. How can I educate myself better on numerous Monacos and Tag Heuers in general? It seems that Tags generate limited edition Monacos every few years. How do you guys keep in touch with that? 3. Thanks for answering and my rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by navymonaco View Post
    Aloha Monaco enthusiasts. I'm super new to this site and this will be my first of many posts. So after obsessing with a blue face Monaco Calibre 12 for the last 7 years, my wife bought me one for my 33 bday back in May of 2016. Now, I am confused in the following aspects:1. What year was the watch manufactured? The model number is CAW2111-0. What do those numbers mean?2. How can I educate myself better on numerous Monacos and Tag Heuers in general? It seems that Tags generate limited edition Monacos every few years. How do you guys keep in touch with that? 3. Thanks for answering and my rambling.
    CAW2111 is the model number. The -0 might be the production run or some very minor change.

The breakdown of the model number is:

• C = Chronograph
    • AW = Monaco
    • 2 = Automatic
    • 1 = Men's size
    • 1 = Steel
    • 1 = dial colour

Check out the Calibre11 web site for details of the Monaco. It has a section for each TAG Heuer/Heuer watch.

HTH
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition | Seiko Presage Platinum SPB041J | TAG Heuer S/el Chronometer
    ---------------------------
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT

My Monaco
    Attached Images Attached Images

BVItalia and navymonaco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_GT3 View Post
    CAW2111 is the model number. The -0 might be the production run or some very minor change.

The breakdown of the model number is:

• C = Chronograph
    • AW = Monaco
    • 2 = Automatic
    • 1 = Men's size
    • 1 = Steel
    • 1 = dial colour

Check out the Calibre11 web site for details of the Monaco. It has a section for each TAG Heuer/Heuer watch.

HTH
    Orange_GT3
    Thank for your reply. I have read the Calibre11 website about Monaco specifically and they don't really dive as deep as I want when it comes to their research. For instance, I purchased my Monaco last May but I don't know when it was manufactured? TAG websites sells them for $5300 and I got mine for authorized dealer for about $4k. Is it because my Monaco was made 3 years ago and was collecting dust on a shelf somewhere? I don't know.
    I'm just trying to better educate myself on this watch and TH in general. Love the racing theme.

Quote Originally Posted by navymonaco View Post
    Orange_GT3
    Thank for your reply. I have read the Calibre11 website about Monaco specifically and they don't really dive as deep as I want when it comes to their research. For instance, I purchased my Monaco last May but I don't know when it was manufactured? TAG websites sells them for $5300 and I got mine for authorized dealer for about $4k. Is it because my Monaco was made 3 years ago and was collecting dust on a shelf somewhere? I don't know.
    I'm just trying to better educate myself on this watch and TH in general. Love the racing theme.
    You won't get information on when it was manufactured off the internet. You would have to contact TAG directly and who knows if they even know.
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition | Seiko Presage Platinum SPB041J | TAG Heuer S/el Chronometer
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT

Thread Information