Movement ETA 2895-2, Opinions and/or Experience

Thread: Movement ETA 2895-2, Opinions and/or Experience

-->
    Banned

Movement ETA 2895-2, Opinions and/or Experience

Just wondering of anyone is familiar with the above movement. What do Tag do with such things to enable them to label it as Cal-5? To be truthful, I'm a tad disappointed. Is that justified?

Re: Movement ETA 2895-2, Opinions and/or Experience

It is a Cal6. Decorated? New hairspring? Truth is nobody knows what they do.

What would make you happy? An in house movement that would make the watch a lot more expensive?

Or the knowledge that companies like IWC, Breitling, Chopard, and Omega trust the quality of ETA enough to use them in their timepieces as well?

Basically, dont sweat it. It is a durable and time tested movement that will last a lifetime if taken care of properly.

If it is that big of a deal to you then I will buy that junk off you for $500

Quote Originally Posted by yande2536 View Post
    Just wondering of anyone is familiar with the above movement. What do Tag do with such things to enable them to label it as Cal-5? To be truthful, I'm a tad disappointed. Is that justified?
    I see folks complaining about the use of Eta movements but I don't understand. Eta is producing in volume movements which are at the acme of horological technology. The 2892 family is amazing. It is difficult and certainly is not 'cost effective' for a Swiss company to make better in-house. Parts will be available for a hundred or more years. They are bargains. (Of course, if folks were worried about cost effective they would all buy quartz )

Don't worry. Be happy. Treat the watch well and it will treat you well.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Banned

No drama, it is just my lack of knowledge and experience in these matters that arouses such questions and doubts. Ill admit that, and even asked if I was justified. I am a true fan of Tag, though have never been in a position to purchase such items before. Now I am, perhaps naively, but hay, weve all got to start somewhere. It is thru seeking more experiences and knowledge thru the likes of this forum and folk such as yourselves that I hope to address that. As far as junk, that, (opinion to opinion) is one little persons. At 500, ($US, I presume from the tone) is a lot more than I paid for it, but no sale, sorry. PS. Thanks for the advice Eeeb, I will treat it well. Glad everyone here is not so angry.

No drama, it is just my lack of knowledge and experience in these matters that arouses such questions and doubts. Ill admit that, and even asked if I was justified. I am a true fan of Tag, though have never been in a position to purchase such items before. Now I am, perhaps naively, but hay, weve all got to start somewhere. It is thru seeking more experiences and knowledge thru the likes of this forum and folk such as yourselves that I hope to address that. As far as junk, that, (opinion to opinion) is one little persons. At 500, ($US, I presume from the tone) is a lot more than I paid for it, but no sale, sorry. PS. Thanks for the advice Eeeb, I will treat it well. Glad everyone here is not so angry.

No sweat. Without realizing it you touched on a soft spot. ETA makes movements that are used in many watches from below Tag Heuer in price level to well above. They make excellent movements. However, among the hard core watch community movements made "in house" by the watch manufacturer itself are highly prized. TAG makes a few of these but most of their sales come from movements made by companies that specialize in making movements. Exactly what Tag (or anyone else) does to modify them is not always well known.

You have a great piece by a great company and the movement is highly reliable and well proven. Enjoy your Tag.

I was just low balling you as a joke. Wow tremendous deal for less than $500.

The 2895 is highly decorated.

See here
    TAG Heuer : Monaco Unisex : WW2118.FC6216 : TAG794 : Bernard Watch Co.

.....same movt in the Link, Monaco that has the sub seconds hand.

Banned

Thanks guys. My love affair with this particular watch is getting better and better. Haven't worn my Omega since getting it authenticated. Price was very good, but i didn't mention the favour that I also paid. A bit sensitive on my part, AbsoluteMustard, cool. Great Forum. Thanks for the posts.

Thread Information