NEW - TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 [ Mini-Review ]

Thread: NEW - TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 [ Mini-Review ]

NEW - TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 [ Mini-Review ]

I was very surprised to find the NEW - TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 this weekend at my local AD and decided to give it a try it. It was awesome to have a chance to see it in the metal so quickly only 5 days after the MARCH 14, 2017 release date rather than wait for after Baselworld.

The TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 has a nice design, inline with the current Heuer 01 avant-garde design language, with slight modifications due to the module structure where the lugs and straps attach to the watch head. It's titanium case makes it light weight for a rather large 45mm watch. The sales person explained the 45mm case size is to accommodate a larger screen to support the various apps that come pre-installed ex. Maps, Android Pay, etc. I liked the option to change watch faces quickly and the interface was very easy to interact with and understand right from the moment of putting on the watch.

The modular case has a very technical but well executed fit and finish. The best part was how surprisingly easy it is to change the bracelet/lugs especially given no tools are required. The bracelet/lug assembly holds the watch head very sturdily and the entire watch feels solid on the wrist.

With a starting price of $2150 CAD on rubber and $3150 CAD on the Ti bracelet - it's an interesting value proposition. If the smartwatch is a gateway for the next generation to become interested in watches this TAG Heuer might just live up to it's tag line "Connected to Eternity"

To Jean-Claude Biver: 2 thumbs up!

Here are some photos:

Last edited by lightspire; 1 Week Ago at 19:46.

Re: NEW - TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 [ Mini-Review ]

I'm interested in this watch but I'm waiting for the reviews after they've had it for some time. I will say it looks a bit large on you. I'd definitely want to try it on before buying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nid

Re: NEW - TAG HEUER CONNECTED MODULAR 45 [ Mini-Review ]

I want one but at 45 mm I will look like I am wearing a wall clock instead of a wrist watch. So many watches out there I'd love to have but with 6.5" wrist size I am out for this one as well :(