Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By selfwind

Thread: Overpaying for WAN2110?

Overpaying for WAN2110?

Hello,

I can get a WAN2110 with a year warranty, apparently in excellent condition, but the owner says he's looking for $985 shipped (best best offer, won't negotiate). He claims its in mint shape, no scratches anywhere but a few small ones on the clasp, and if I'm not happy I can send it back for a refund, but this is what it looks like.... does this look like its only been worn 5-10 times like he claims?
    And for $985 should I wait for another WAN2110?

Stowa Flieger, Rolex Sub 14060, Christopher Ward C60 GMT (Black on Orange numerals), Omega Speedmaster 3573.50

Re: Overpaying for WAN2110?

You are paying $985 for a watch that lists new for $2200, which is about $1600 on the grey market!! You be the judge if that kind of savings is worth a few scratches on clasp!!
    toloen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by selfwind View Post
    You are paying $985 for a watch that lists new for $2200, which is about $1600 on the grey market!! You be the judge if that kind of savings is worth a few scratches on clasp!!
    don't these pictures look like there is scratches on the watch though other than on the clasp?
    Stowa Flieger, Rolex Sub 14060, Christopher Ward C60 GMT (Black on Orange numerals), Omega Speedmaster 3573.50

sounds like deal
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Sounds like a deal. At the end of the day if you don't like it , send it back.
    :)

Price isn't bad actually but I think the bracelet has a few hairline scratches in the last photo. Also, I would ask to see a photo of the clasp. Try to push for $900 :)

Little bit too expensive, I PM-d link, where I found one for 750 usd with bracelet and rubber strap.

i think everyone that thinks this is too much needs to get re-grounded. like 'selfwind' says, you are getting a SIGNIFICANT discount on a name brand luxury watch. even if it WAS worn more than a few times, you are getting more than 50% off retail. and i know first hand that a little 0000 steel wool will very easily take minor swirl marks out of a bracelet and leave a nice finish. if the bezel was dinged, that's one thing. that cannot easily be fixed. but a few hairlines....come on!

i have a WAN2110 that i was considering selling to free up some space in my "salary cap", but if this is what the market will bear, i think i'll hold onto it!

retail value doesn't matter much on used market and sadly/gladly TAG's doesn't seems to hold value well.

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage View Post
    Little bit too expensive, I PM-d link, where I found one for 750 usd with bracelet and rubber strap.
    You pm'd who? I'm interested in buying a used TAG.
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300m JDM Citizen Promaster PMX56-2812

Thread Information