Please do not post details of AD deals... - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Please do not post details of AD deals...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Please do not post details of AD deals...

Quote Originally Posted by GRACEHMS View Post
    Unfortunately, I respectfully disagree with this. Is it really appropriate to have sponsors censoring what information users feel like posting?

It's the information age - retailers need to realize this and embrace it, not try to quiet the masses.

I think that giving in to the sponsors request undermines the purpose of an open forum community like this.

:thumbdown:
    Your opinion is respected but this 'no specifics' discussion request is not because of any attempt to hush the masses. The dynamics of the industry will result in manufacturers pressuring their sales agents if these specific deals are discussed. Not giving specifics and attaching them to an individual AD gives the ADs more freedom, not less and us buyers bigger discounts (if we try for them). That may be counterintuitive to some but it is actually true.

The ADs who give substantial discounts told us if the discounting levels they give were discussed publicly they would not be able to continue them. That was how this request came into being. I hope that helps explain.
    enricodepaoli and Will_f like this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Interesting. Thanks for the additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by GRACEHMS View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the additional info.
    Hey, you were right. It really is a community forum.

Thanks for your expression of concern. I am sure other people thought the same. You posted. Thanks for that.
    enricodepaoli likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Well, I am sure I violated this policy when I purchased my AR in March of 2012. I'm sure my violation was due to the jubilation I felt by being able to purchase my watch for the price I did, from an actual AD ( I NEVER thought this was doable). That being said (all excuses aside), I am sorry for breaking this rule of the forum.

The fact of the matter is this - there is nothing stopping individuals from contacting one another via private messages if specifics of a watch purchase are desired.

Thank you, Eeeb, for this policy and I heartily apologize for any rule infractions I may have committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Your opinion is respected but this 'no specifics' discussion request is not because of any attempt to hush the masses. The dynamics of the industry will result in manufacturers pressuring their sales agents if these specific deals are discussed. Not giving specifics and attaching them to an individual AD gives the ADs more freedom, not less and us buyers bigger discounts (if we try for them). That may be counterintuitive to some but it is actually true.

The ADs who give substantial discounts told us if the discounting levels they give were discussed publicly they would not be able to continue them. That was how this request came into being. I hope that helps explain.
    Makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Thanks for clearing it up!
    Breitling Chronomat Blackbird Limited Edition
    Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chronograph
    Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chronograph Rose Gold
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 45.5mm
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 CAR2A11

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information