Resetting hands on a Carrera Calibre S? - Page 3

Thread: Resetting hands on a Carrera Calibre S?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Resetting hands on a Carrera Calibre S?

Quote Originally Posted by stuiered View Post
    Hi All

Just had my watch back from a battery replacement.
    Problem is I cant reset the small hands to zero,they are both off the markers.
    Reset time and date fine.
    Help before I sling it !!!!!

Cheers

Stu
    If I remember this thread correctly, it answers these questions. It's frustrating but easily fixed. That's why we made this appear at the top of the forum.

Hope this helps.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Cracked it !!

I was trying to pull the crown out to set to zero.

Muppet

Thanks

Stu

I must be in the boat Stu was in, I reset the hour hand multiple times from the 6 o clock to the 12 o clock position, then press the crown to return to the time. If I press the crown again to enter the chrono mode the hour marker returns to the 6 o clock position again. What the heck am I doing wrong or is this thing broke?

Hi,
    I have a Swiss Army Victorinox 500M Chrono Quartz (ETA 251.272), the hour hand of the chrono is off the 12 hour mark by 1/3 anti-clockwise, actually that it is between the 11 and 12 hour mark, but somewhat more towards the 12 hour mark.

Does the above mentioned procedure also imply on other quartz chrono watches, and also does anybody know a procedure on how to reset the chrono on a Swiss Army with ETA movement.

Thanks.

ETA maintains user manuals for all its current movements on the service portal section of eta.ch.... find out the movement number and then look it up on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by wlie8 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Swiss Army Victorinox 500M Chrono Quartz (ETA 251.272), the hour hand of the chrono is off the 12 hour mark by 1/3 anti-clockwise, actually that it is between the 11 and 12 hour mark, but somewhat more towards the 12 hour mark.

Does the above mentioned procedure also imply on other quartz chrono watches, and also does anybody know a procedure on how to reset the chrono on a Swiss Army with ETA movement.

Thanks.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Here is a link which gives a full tutorial on the Calibre S factory reset and hand adjusting procedure.
    Tag Heuer Calibre S Regatta: Factory reset, hand setting and functions. - YouTube

Hello mate.

I have a Calibre S retrograde (CV7A10). My problem is, that when I read the time - for instance 1200 hrs, the minute hand is correct, however, the hour hand is approx 30 minutes to the left (sort of in the 1130 position). I dont have the instructions, so can you please (if you would be so kind) as to identify, which button on the watch is A, B etc. Thanks very much. Rus in the UK.

Hi, I have a CV7A10 (Tag Calibre S Retrograde). I am having problems setting the hour hand. It is not aligned (currently half an hour to the left). I have read the instructions, but there are no troubleshooting tips. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. When I pull out the crown, the second hand does not allign correctly to any of the settings (5 secs, 15 secs, 45 secs etc). please please help.... Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by stuiered View Post
    Hi All

Just had my watch back from a battery replacement.
    Problem is I cant reset the small hands to zero,they are both off the markers.
    Reset time and date fine.
    Help before I sling it !!!!!

Cheers

Stu
    Looks like a lot of you are having the same simular proplem here is a link to a manual with several watches in it along with how to reset the Hands. (I found it looking for the same problem for a CALIBRE ETA 251.272 )

http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys...I%20EU_ENG.pdf

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by raceway99 View Post
    Looks like a lot of you are having the same simular proplem here is a link to a manual with several watches in it along with how to reset the Hands. (I found it looking for the same problem for a CALIBRE ETA 251.272 )

http://www.victorinox.com/medias/sys...I%20EU_ENG.pdf

hope this helps
    the calibre S is a different animal. The usual quartz resetting procedures do not apply.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information