Resetting hands on a Carrera Calibre S? - Page 4

Thread: Resetting hands on a Carrera Calibre S?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Resetting hands on a Carrera Calibre S?

i've got a Forumla 1 Calibre S model as well. I have been recalibrating the chronograph several times since i got this watch almost a year ago. Is this a common issue that the chronograph mode always goes off every few days? Not only the second hand but the minute hand also goes astray.. by 5 minutes or sometimes its at the 10 or 11 o'clock position... anyone else is facing this issue? is my unit a defect or something??

please advice dear forumers. thanks in advance.

BR,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by David562 View Post
    I just had to adjust the seconds on my Link Calibre S. It was off by two seconds when zeroed. Any idea what causes it to be off?
    am starting to wonder could it be because of a weak battery??

Bad batteries do strange things. If it is not that, time to visit the watch doc...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Craftsmenship issues with Carrera Calibre S?

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    By coincidence I just did that myself tonight on my new Formula 1 Calibre S. The minute hand was off by a minute, at least in chrono mode.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to zero the second hand to set it against my atomic watch!

continued - actually I have, as they say RTFM, the seconds hand resets to zero if the minute hand is adjusted while setting the time.
    Easy to zero the second hand. In time setting mode, go to the mode where setting the minute hand (second hand pointing at 30 minute, 6 o'clock position), set the minute ahead one to be ready for the time signal, then push in the crown to go back to time mode at the time signal, and the second hand will automatically start at zero, synching your watch to the time signal/atomic watch.

First time poster, so be gentle folks.

We were recently on a trip to California and I picked up a Link Calibre S with Blue dial (CJF7113.BA0592) from one of the Tag stores. My original Tag was a 1500 series Professional which I love to bits, but the constant need to keep tweaking the calendar at the end of the month got on my nerves.

Anyway, back to the Link Calibre S. I'm enjoying the watch immensely (especially the perpetual calendar), but have noticed that the Chrono mode doesn't seem to like the alignment for the second hand very much, allow me to explain.

When switching to Chrono, the hands should point to 12 (assuming the last time in Chrono mode that the reset pusher was hit before reverting to time mode). I've noticed that on quite a few occasions, that when performing the reset to zero, the second hand does not return to pointing at 12, but will often end up somewhere between 12 and the 5 minute mark.

Now in case you think "well, it's easy to reset" and "so what, it's only affecting the Chrono side, right?", I've had this behaviour happen several times in a day and it's not just the Chrono that's affected. How do I know that? Well when watching the second hand sweep up to 12 whilst in time mode, the minute hand should move as as the second hand hits 12. Except it doesn't, the minute hand instead moves when the second hand reaches the "zero position" shown in the Chrono mode, eg the incorrectly offset position between 12 and the 5 min mark.

My question is, this surely isn't right on a timepiece at this price point is it? My next stop will be a Tag AD to get the watch checked/repaired but I'd welcome comments from anybody else who's been through a similar experience.

The resetting instructions are to handle electrical faults where the movement forgets where the hands are due to battery swaps, gamma rays, your dog's bad breath, etc.

If there is a mechanical problem, like something is not tight, they won't fix the problem. But a TAG service center can!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Well the seconds hand on my F1 Calibre S has started acting up, it "wobbles" a bit and then doesn't align properly in chrono mode. I reset it a couple of times but it doesn't help. I checked the battery and it's very weak so I ordered a new one to see if it fixes the problem which is fairly typical of quartz watches running on a low battery. Unfortunately it's of the rarer CR2320 variety like the X33 so it will take a few days.

Not sure if the Calibre S has an EOL feature or how long the battery is supposed to last (I got my F1 4 years ago so it's at least that old) but it's worth giving a new battery a try anyway as I shudder to think what Tag would demand to service it

Anybody knows how it works in a Carrera Calibre S Laptimer? thanks in advance

Dunno, sorry, you could always try what's been described to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Well the seconds hand on my F1 Calibre S has started acting up, it "wobbles" a bit and then doesn't align properly in chrono mode. I reset it a couple of times but it doesn't help. I checked the battery and it's very weak so I ordered a new one to see if it fixes the problem which is fairly typical of quartz watches running on a low battery. Unfortunately it's of the rarer CR2320 variety like the X33 so it will take a few days. Not sure if the Calibre S has an EOL feature or how long the battery is supposed to last (I got my F1 4 years ago so it's at least that old) but it's worth giving a new battery a try anyway as I shudder to think what Tag would demand to service it...
    Renata 2320 battery finally made it and I'm happy to report that my F1 Calibre S is ticking again like it should, phew ! I'm going to wear it to celebrate

Thanks for the instructions. I bought a mint pre-owned Aquaracer300 quartz and the sweepsecond hand was off in the reset position. Not now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information