Thread: Scratch Sapphire Glass, Plase Help me!

Scratch Sapphire Glass, Plase Help me!

Well, I already accustomed, with the Scratch!

But Can I polished the Sapphire?? I think I cannot, right?

So I have this watch just 6 month, And I Love this watch!

So what Can I Do?

+
    The scratch is in the 1hr position

If the solution itīs just change the glass, I will Waiting the Revision in my watch, but itīs wait a longggggggg timeeeeeeee, revision in automatic watch itīs 5 years, and I have just 6 month.

So Can I Do Something? Any helps?

Thanks mates!

PS: I have already this sratch 1week!
    PS2: I have 11watches with sapphire glass, and itīs hurt my heart, because itīs my favorite, comfortable, beautiful watch.
    PS3: sorry about my English.
    Last edited by jokr82; November 12th, 2012 at 16:32.

Come on that's nothing! Learn to live with it in my opinion. Not worth changing the glass for that.

Re: Scratch Sapphire Glass, Plase Help me!

Heuer-1153, thanks mate, I Know itīs NOthing, but you know, when You have one Beautiful, and favorite watch, you must care, right?

I Had to accostumed to Scratch, but tks for your help.

Cheers Mate

If it has a AR coating you will only make it worse by trying to polish it out. The only real fix for it would be a replacement crystal by TH. If it does not have an AR coating, and you can't feel it with your fingernail, then you could try some glass polishing compound on it. Just make sure it does not have a AR coating though.

you scratched the AR coating, not the crystal.

Wisconsin Proud, unfortannely I didnīt scrtach the AR, I scratched my glass!

I went the store H.Stern itīs a AD here in Brasil, and the saleswomen told me this, Itīs not AR and itīs in my glass!

Thanks mates!!!

I forgot to say, I can fell a Scratch with my nailfinger!!

And the sapphire cannot polishe i need to change for another one, but in my courty itīs so expenseive, more than $1000, so I will wait my revision, and then change the crystal, but i need to wait a long time, because I have just 6 month, and the revision 5 years, isnīt it!??
    Last edited by jokr82; November 13th, 2012 at 18:33.

Sapphire or AR coating, either way too fix it would require polishing and that would remove the rest of the AR in the surrounding area. Trust me missing AR is not as nice to look at as a fine line.

Option 1. fix it. Get some diamond paste and a dremel tool (Might as well buff off all of the AR while you are at it).
    Option 2. Get the sapphire replaced.

Option 1 wont cost you much so you might as well try it. If you cant live with the results then go to option 2

Quote Originally Posted by jokr82 View Post
    Wisconsin Proud, unfortannely I didnīt scrtach the AR, I scratched my glass!

I went the store H.Stern itīs a AD here in Brasil, and the saleswomen told me this, Itīs not AR and itīs in my glass!

Thanks mates!!!

I forgot to say, I can fell a Scratch with my nailfinger!!

And the sapphire cannot polishe i need to change for another one, but in my courty itīs so expenseive, more than $1000, so I will wait my revision, and then change the crystal, but i need to wait a long time, because I have just 6 month, and the revision 5 years, isnīt it!??

Quote Originally Posted by tpd80 View Post
    Sapphire or AR coating, either way too fix it would require polishing and that would remove the rest of the AR in the surrounding area. Trust me missing AR is not as nice to look at as a fine line.

Option 1. fix it. Get some diamond paste and a dremel tool (Might as well buff off all of the AR while you are at it).
    Option 2. Get the sapphire replaced.

Option 1 wont cost you much so you might as well try it. If you cant live with the results then go to option 2
    Thanks Mate, But I will let, like this. Now I donīt bowered anymore, but for all Mate thanks so much.

Thread Information