The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread - Page 11
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread

Anyone tells me that those use Sellita and ETA movement can get Cosc or only in-house movement ? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bullkeo View Post
    Anyone tells me that those use Sellita and ETA movement can get Cosc or only in-house movement ? Thank you.
    Yes, these movements can be COSC certified, it just adds to the cost.
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition | Seiko Presage Platinum SPB041J | TAG Heuer S/el Chronometer
    ---------------------------
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    ---------------------------
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT

I saw the several pictures of the both movements and they were identical to me. So you guys are basically arguing for the difference that most of you would not even able to detect, if there is any.

The only difference would be, one is a sunrise, while the other is a sunset. Maybe it's time for change of generation.
    Last edited by JKclassic; February 26th, 2017 at 07:35.

Why, after all this time of its being used, are we still discussing the Sellita SW-200 movement? It's just as good and as capable, as are the other Sellita movements, as any ETA movement. For crying out loud, Sellita made movements for ETA for years.
    Watchbreath likes this.
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic Mk II, and a Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1

What engine do you think is in my 500M Aquaracer Chronograph? ETA or Sellita?

Name:  watch.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  2.12 MB

Would you be surprised if I told you I don't care? It runs at +1 spd. Whatever movement is in it you can't get much better than that.
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic Mk II, and a Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1

The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    The same question could be asked about Oris when they were part of the Swatch Group.
    Interestingly, prior to their Swatch takeover they made hundreds of their own movements. Then when they bought their independence back a condition was that they had to use ETA movements. Then obviously now Swatch has decided that even though they made Oris use them... now they won't be able to. So I guess Oris will.go back to what they used to do very well, make their own movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Seiko SKX007
    Tag Aquaracer Ceramic 500 WAK2110
    Seiko Sports 5 Explorer SRP523
    Speedmaster 3570.50.00
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Oris Divers Sixty-Five Blue 42
    Casio DW5600HR-1
    Dan Henry 1970 Diver 40mm

Other nondescript pieces

My humble update as it happens to be my 2 most favorite watches each have a ETA 2824 and SW200 movement - my Sinn U1-T from 2016 has the SW200 movement and it only gains about 1 second off the wrist in a day and losses maybe .5-1 second a day on the wrist (my most accurate timekeeper). However, my WCT100 with the ETA2824 (elabore grade as I'm told) is an abysmal +24 seconds a day, but consistent no matter which position the watch is in. I know it really goes down to luck of the draw but my WCT1000 is not a gleaming example for ETA timekeeping - one of these days I'll get it regulated but for now I just deal with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Day View Post
    Interestingly, prior to their Swatch takeover they made hundreds of their own movements. Then when they bought their independence back a condition was that they had to use ETA movements. Then obviously now Swatch has decided that even though they made Oris use them... now they won't be able to. So I guess Oris will.go back to what they used to do very well, make their own movements.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Well, Oris uses Sellita movements at the present. They have developed their own movement but it is available only in their higher tier models at the present.

Quote Originally Posted by hooliganjrs View Post
    My humble update as it happens to be my 2 most favorite watches each have a ETA 2824 and SW200 movement - my Sinn U1-T from 2016 has the SW200 movement and it only gains about 1 second off the wrist in a day and losses maybe .5-1 second a day on the wrist (my most accurate timekeeper). However, my WCT100 with the ETA2824 (elabore grade as I'm told) is an abysmal +24 seconds a day, but consistent no matter which position the watch is in. I know it really goes down to luck of the draw but my WCT1000 is not a gleaming example for ETA timekeeping - one of these days I'll get it regulated but for now I just deal with it.
    Great looking watches! I am a huge Sinn fan but have only owned the UX. The U1 is on my "someday" wish list.

If I can be honest, I love the fact that Sellita and Soprod have allowed independent watchmakers to flourish. Probably the best thing that ever happened was when ETA decided not to sell movements outside of the SWATCH group anymore. That decision forced European watchmaker, especially, to either start making their own in-house movements or source their movements from Sellita or Soprod. Yes, it was painful at first but, in the long run, it has proved to be a very successful situation for everyone.

For what it's worth, I've had ETA and Sellita movements that were excellent and I've had ETA and Sellita movements that were stinkers. Like I wrote above, I really don't know what is running my Aquaracer but, whatever it is, it's running at +1 second per day. I'll take that all day every day.

Just to put in my .2 cents I have a Sinn U1 and a Tag Calibre 5, both use the SW200. Both of these are very consistent on my timegrapher @ +2 spd and +3 respectively. I have numerous ETA's and they all perform very close and in some cases not so close with the exception of the COSC ETA's in my collection. All of the SW200's I have ever owned have been extremely accurate and I have had zero problems with them. On the other hand I haven't really had any issue's with any of my ETA's either.
    enricodepaoli and notional like this.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information