The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread - Page 3
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread

Accuracy of my SW200 equipped Carrera Cal 5

Performing faultlessly and accurately.
    Nato, leather or bracelet? That's the only dilemma one should face each morning.

Good stuff in this thread -- I have learned a lot. I own a SW200 watch (about 1 1/2 years old) that is losing approx 40 secs a day. I am going to get it regulated. I have read where the regulation shouldn't cost more than $15-20. Is this about right?
    Hidden Content (It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin') --"That's the story, folks---glad we could get together" -- JCS

sounds about right. some times its done for free if your lucky and have a cool watch maker.

Also, if your losing that much time the watch may need a cleaning. I know you said its 1 1/2 years old so it shouldn't need one but you never know.

If I had the choice I'd go ETA, Selitta is nice and I probobly have it in my Aquaracer but I'd prefer a ETA just like I'd prefer a Lambo. Engine inside a Lambo instead of a Audi Engine inside a Lambo I'd be disapointed if they started making Omegas with Selittas, because they own the rights to the ETA line (it won't happen just saying :D)

Just like I'd rather Swiss Made over a Swiss movement or Japan Made vs Japan Movement. If I wanted to buy a product that wasn't manufactured fully in those countrys (or whatever it takes to be called "Swiss made" etc) I'd stop buying Swiss Made, Japan Made (Seikos, Tags, Omegas etc) and go buy a Cheapo Digital Chinese, Taiwanese, Philipino etc watch from Walmart tells time, is cheaper and sucks the passion out of collecting.

Watch collecting is a passion and companies to attract more customers and make more profit in reaching out to every walk of life, are going from the "exclusive" to the "reguler" in terms of pricing,

ok so you can't afford the "Japan Made" Model for 50 bucks more and it doesn't mean anything to you so go buy the Japan Movement Seiko cased in where ever that isn't Japan. Cause the watch lady in the department store that has no idea about watches tells you its still "Japanese" Its just two words in watch collecting but there important, your buying the watch cause you enjoy it and it gives you pleasure and stupid stuff like Japan Made, make or break a deal in some people's eyes.

Japan Made, Swiss Made means a lot to me, would I pay a premium for it (a couple $$ more) yes, but to a point. Just like I'd pay more for other brands than others, same with movements. If you had a ETA and a Selitta watch (same brand power, same Swiss Made, same quality, same price) Then I'd go ETA, mostly cause your stuck on a good thing that you know is good.

Its the same in scale modeling, we have like modeling glue we've been buying for ever (some formulas that even date back to the start of modeling round the 50s) because people like what works first for them and they'd rather not take a risk on a unknown. Until something goes wrong with your original formula or through word of mouth and maybe a test run with the new item, you take a shot.
    Last edited by Rogi; May 14th, 2012 at 21:07.

I have owned a Schaumburg AQM II for a month now. I think it has a Selitta/SW-something.......(would love to know exactly, not Cosc ver.)

Set it to the Colorado atomic clock to the second a month ago..... Checked it this morning and it is 2 seconds off. Call it perfect for my active lifestyle self winding-wise or what? ....but I'm pretty impressed........
    Bakataichou likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi View Post

Japan Made, Swiss Made means a lot to me, would I pay a premium for it (a couple $$ more) yes, but to a point. Just like I'd pay more for other brands than others, same with movements. If you had a ETA and a Selitta watch (same brand power, same Swiss Made, same quality, same price) Then I'd go ETA, mostly cause your stuck on a good thing that you know is good.
    I had to read your full post three times and I'm still not sure what you are saying.

But the above portion has me confused. ETA is part of a larger company contolled by Swatch. That makes it larger, not better.

I currently have 3 automatic watches: 2 SW200 and 1 ETA. The ETA is a 2834 day/date Maurice LaCroix. Visually it has a bit more decoration but functionally is not as accurate as my TAG Aquaracer (SW200) or my Accutron Kirkwood (SW200).

These movements are so close to being identical they are virtually the same.

Staying with good because you know it's good just seems silly in this comparison

I bet in the intervening 8 months the poster you quote has wondered into Swatch Land...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

The SELLITA SW200 vs ETA 2824 thread

Chinese Swiss movement, I haven't warmed up to the whole idea of Sellita yet.
    Current: Omega PO 8500 -- Grand Seiko SBGA011 Snowflake (8/14 - SOLD) -- Grand Seiko SBGX103 Quartz (5/13 - SOLD) -- Steinhart Ocean 1 Black (2/12 - SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by waldoh View Post
    Chinese Swiss movement, I haven't warmed up to the whole idea of Sellita yet.
    Ohhh, Chinese Swiss! Hummmmm..... well, this is the Internet so it must be true!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Ohhh, Chinese Swiss! Hummmmm..... well, this is the Internet so it must be true!
    kkkkkkkk
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue