Show your tag F1 automatics
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Show your tag F1 automatics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Show your tag F1 automatics

My 1st automatic F1 Watch . Had a bunch of quartz befor this. I've always liked the all black PVD cases'

Name:  20160829_114615.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  722.1 KBName:  20160829_114725.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  827.9 KB
    Hale color likes this.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

Re: Show your tag F1 automatics

I wonder how the pvd can handle scratches, A small dent is obvious compared to a stainless steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tag Heuer Formula 1/Panerai Luminor Marina Logo/Tag Heuer Carrera Cailbre 1887
    Reference: WAU1110/PAM005Q/CAR2110
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

I try to wear it with extreme care under sleeves. I think once the PVD peels off there is nothing we can do to rectify it

PVD is more scratch resistant than stainless steel. But it certainly isn't scratch proof. Once the PVD coating is worn off (e.g. by a scratch or "ding"), it cannot be fixed easily. They would have to remove the entire PVD coating from the part and re-apply it again. It would actually cost less just to replace the damaged part (e.g. bezel, case, etc). Unfortunately, I put a small mark in the PVD bezel on my F1 chronograph when I was in an enclosed parking lot (I managed to hit a concrete pillar with my watch - don't ask how!). Every now and then I'll dab it with a black Sharpie and the damage becomes virtually unnoticeable. Of course, I know it's there and someday I may just have TAG Heuer Customer Service just replace the bezel when I take the watch to get serviced. I'm in no rush, but at least that's an option.
    Timex Expedition Scout
    TAG Heuer WE1110 Classic 2000 Professional 200m
    TAG Heuer CAZ1110 Formula 1 Chronogrpah
    Omega 2531.80.00 Seamaster Professional 300m

Same thing happened to my Ball night train DLC. I really can't remember how I got a mark on it on the fixed bezel . Had to live with it and after a while I tend to forget about it

Looks awesome friend. I have a Formula 1 , I purchased last year on a rubber band myself. Enjoy :) . I wear mine as my casual piece
    appview likes this.

Good to note that F1 comes in automatic form after all these years

I do really like the look of the "new" F1 design that came out in 2015. The Autavia style case looks great, and the watch looks more "high end" than it did before, particularly now with automatic variants available in the range. But I like the F1 as a quartz. It always has been a quartz since it's birth in the early 1980's as the first (or one of the first) designs to come out under the new TAG Heuer name at the time. Mind you, I still really love the look of the F1 GMT Calibre 7 (not the DG version). I'm still tossing the thought of buying one in my mind and it doesn't seem to go away...
    Timex Expedition Scout
    TAG Heuer WE1110 Classic 2000 Professional 200m
    TAG Heuer CAZ1110 Formula 1 Chronogrpah
    Omega 2531.80.00 Seamaster Professional 300m

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidSalmon00 View Post
    ...I still really love the look of the F1 GMT Calibre 7 (not the DG version). I'm still tossing the thought of buying one in my mind and it doesn't seem to go away...
    That never will go away, well I've noticed that it will not. Ive noticed this problem from cheap watches on up. Once the "bug" bites the "lust" will always remain.

Example: For years (and I'm talking about 30 years) I've been attracted to the Rolex Submariner, but the wife would always veto the purchase of the Sub. After about 20 years of pining over the sub, the wife finally "allowed" but she went and bought the Explorer II, all was fine, but the Sub was still haunting me, So the wife took the explorer II and it became her daily wear, so I was back to Rolex less. Ive always wondered if she would have went with the Sub if the problem would be fixed, or if I would have found other watches to fill that "need".

I just find when the bug bites, buy the watch that you are the most attracted to. years ago I got my Omega SMPq with the wife's encouragement, because the auto was slightly more than she wanted to spend. Now all the seamasters are obnoxiously thick, so Omega is also on my list, and I keep watching and waiting for the size to come down. The aqua-terra was hopeful, but still Omega do they need to be that THICK? I should have got the watch I wanted in the first place.
    I know that used are around, but I like to always be the "original owner" of my watches, so I always know the complete history of my watches. I know I'm a little odd...
    TAG Heuer: original F1 "glow dial" WA1211, TAG Heuer: 1500 series WD1211, TAG Heuer: formula1 GMT WAZ211A, Omega: SMPq ref.2221.80, IWC: Porsche design "Ocean" ref.3529, Rolex: Explorer II ref.16570, Breitling: Avenger II GMT, Citizen: Nighthawk A-T

Name:  IMG_3502.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  1.52 MB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast