Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tag heuer aquaracer, which one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tag heuer aquaracer, which one?

Hi

Im currently stuck between these two watches, the wan2110.ba0822 (tag heuer aquaracer calibre 5 automatic) and the can1010.ba0821 (tag heuer aquaracer grande date).

I really like the look of both these watches, and love the motion in the wan2110, but at the moment I'm leaning towards the grande date. The reason for this is that I have quite a large wrist and the grande date has a slightly bigger face. But the only thing making me think otherwise is the thickness and weight.

Basically I'm wondering whether anybody that owns one of these watches could give me any help. How Does the grande date feel on the wrist? Is it heavy? How thick does it look on?

And also would the wan2110 look a little small on my wrist? (for the record is about 8.25 inches)

Any help would be great

Thanks!

Re: Tag heuer aquaracer, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjm29 View Post
    Hi

Im currently stuck between these two watches, the wan2110.ba0822 (tag heuer aquaracer calibre 5 automatic) and the can1010.ba0821 (tag heuer aquaracer grande date).

I really like the look of both these watches, and love the motion in the wan2110, but at the moment I'm leaning towards the grande date. The reason for this is that I have quite a large wrist and the grande date has a slightly bigger face. But the only thing making me think otherwise is the thickness and weight.

Basically I'm wondering whether anybody that owns one of these watches could give me any help. How Does the grande date feel on the wrist? Is it heavy? How thick does it look on?

And also would the wan2110 look a little small on my wrist? (for the record is about 8.25 inches)

Any help would be great

Thanks!
    I own the CAN1010.BA021 and love it. I'm not going to kid you, it is a bit heavy on the wrist but that's what I wanted. Is it thick? Yeah, I would say so (about twice as thick as my Clycine Combat 7 and about the same thickness as my Seiko diver) but I don't have any problem wearing it under the cuff of a dress shirt.

I don't think you could go wrong with either watch but if I had it to do over again I would have gone with the automatic over the quartz. I just didn't understand the real differences between the two movements when I made my purchase. Hence the Glycine Combat 7 with an ETA 2824-2 movement. I don't think I'll ever purchase another quartz watch again, unless it's to replace my Timex Ironman field watch.

Good luck on your purchase!

For a couple hundred more, consider the CAP.xxxx automatic chronograph. It meets both of your criteria.
    toloen likes this.

Thanks for the reply. Im on a pretty limited budget at the moment, and by the looks of it the CAP is a few hundred above that. Either way i much prefer the black look of the bezels on the CAN and WAN models.

Rosborn, how heavy is it actually? Do you get used to it after wearing it for a while, or are you always aware that it is on your wrist?

Also have either of you had any experience with the WAN, and what is the size of the dial like? Is it likely to look a little small on my wrist? (which is fairly wide).

I suppose the best thing i could do is to go to my AD and try them both on

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjm29 View Post
    Rosborn, how heavy is it actually? Do you get used to it after wearing it for a while, or are you always aware that it is on your wrist?

Also have either of you had any experience with the WAN, and what is the size of the dial like? Is it likely to look a little small on my wrist? (which is fairly wide).

I suppose the best thing i could do is to go to my AD and try them both on
    *I* don't think it's heavy at all. My response was referring to what your experience may be. It is the largest diameter watch I own but I'm 6' 3" and wouldn't want anything smaller. Am I aware from it's weight that it's on my wrist? No more so than any other watch. Really, it's a comfortable watch and, as far as I'm concerned, the perfect watch.Of course, I'm biased.

You should absolutely vist your local AD and try one on for size. Once I did I was hooked.
    Last edited by rosborn; December 8th, 2012 at 01:04.

Considering that you have an 8 inch wrist, I would go for the CAN because I own a WAN2110 and I believe it would look rather small on your wrist and you might need the 43mm, larger lugs and bracelet. In terms of weight and thickness, hundreds of people if not thousands own the CAN and I don't think I have seen a straight out serious complaint. Although people have brought it up in other threads just as a heads up!
    Last edited by Calibre5; December 18th, 2012 at 13:14.

I have the CAN1011 and I do consider it to be heavy compared to my other watches, but thats what I like about it. It is a substantial watch, and noticeable when worn, but it is beautiful to look at. I would not consider it too big, or too heavy. Its just right for me. Try one on and see for yourself.

is the Tag Grande Date 43mm too big for a wrist that is only 6.5' wrist size? I wear my 42mm and I think it is actually perfect, not too small and not too big.

I have a 6" wrist and I do not think the 43mm is too big for me at all.
    Name:  photo--3.jpg
Views: 2078
Size:  843.9 KB
    Tag Heuer- Aquaracer Grande Date in Blue CAN1011
    Nixon- The Rubber Player in White
    Nixon- The Ticket in Stainless Steel
    Citizen- Titanium Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar
    Laco Modern Flieger B Dial Miyota Auto

the nice thing about the Aquaracer watches is that despite their seemingly large diameter, they have relatively short lugs so they tend to fit better than say, a Carrera that has very long lugs.
    There's a reason why they're called "horns" by TAGHeuer people.

Thoughts for the day:
    Says bad things about 5000 watch - owns a 200 one.
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information