WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tag Heuer carrera - old mens watch?

9K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  enricodepaoli 
#1 ·
Hey, Im new member here :)

My father is about to buy a new watch and he offered me to use his old watch which is a Tag heuer carrera twin time calibre 6 with the white dial.

Why Im not so sure about wearing this watch is becuase it maybe is abit "old mens watch" ? Im just 20. I cant say I dont like it but Im still not sure....

What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It will great on you with proper attire. I never thought TAG Heuer Carrera as an old man's watch. I'm not that much older than you and wear watches from TAG and Omega.

#5 ·
How "old man" can it be if Leonardo DiCaprio endorses the brand?

That is a pretty clean style, but honestly, when I think of old man watches, I think more of Rolex than of Tag. It sounds like you have a good story to tell with that watch, so no matter how it looks, I would wear it with pride. I have a friend who was given that watch for his college graduation and wears it with pretty much anything. To me that is a rather timeless watch.

#9 ·
I see where you're coming from, I guess I was still considering under 40 to be more youthful than not. He strikes me as sporty, I suppose. In my mind Roger Federer (Rolex ambassador) is younger, but he gives off a traditional vibe. Either way, I think a young person could pull off whichever one he wants--the man makes the watch, not the other way around.

#12 ·
Contrast is everything. You'll be an elegant young man. But you have to feel that way, or it won't work ;)

Reactions: eome and Eeeb
#14 ·
Thank you for all your opinions =) . I think ur right, it depends on your style etc. Im not the guy who wears cargo pants and hoodie, Im moore into blazers/shirts and now when I thought about it and reading your replys I think this watch will fit in very well with me :)

#16 · (Edited)
I'd wear that beauty in a heartbeat, but then again I'm an old man, LOL!
Actually at 49 I know a ton of folks would consider me still kid.
Back to the watch, I think it looks great. My 26 year old son I'm sure would wear it as well.
Hey, Im new member here :)

My father is about to buy a new watch and he offered me to use his old watch which is a Tag heuer carrera twin time calibre 6 with the white dial.

Why Im not so sure about wearing this watch is becuase it maybe is abit "old mens watch" ? Im just 20. I cant say I dont like it but Im still not sure....

What do you think?

#17 ·
Well I certainly hope not as I just gave a Twin-Time Carrera to my stepson for his college graduation! He absolutely loves it and he's 22!

Reactions: BMWRINO
#28 ·
The Carrera is a classic vintage design. Not everyone will "understand" it, or have good eyes for it. It's like expecting the average college boy to see the beauty of a vintage car. Most of them will take an SLK over a Gullwing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.