Watchuseek, The Most Visited Watch Forum Site ... In The World.

Tag Heuer carrera - old mens watch?

Thread: Tag Heuer carrera - old mens watch?

Tags: None
  1. Leather said:

Tag Heuer carrera - old mens watch?

Hey, Im new member here

My father is about to buy a new watch and he offered me to use his old watch which is a Tag heuer carrera twin time calibre 6 with the white dial.

Why Im not so sure about wearing this watch is becuase it maybe is abit "old mens watch" ? Im just 20. I cant say I dont like it but Im still not sure....

What do you think?
    Attached Images

2. Little Squid said:

Re: Tag Heuer carrera - old mens watch?

Style is what you make it. Would look sharp with dark jeans and a brown blazer of some sort. I wouldn't wear it with cargo pants and a hoodie though if that's what you're into.

BHL said:

It will great on you with proper attire. I never thought TAG Heuer Carrera as an old man's watch. I'm not that much older than you and wear watches from TAG and Omega.
    Current Collection:
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00 "The Moon Watch"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300M 2220.80.00
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 2201.50.00
    TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph CV2010.BA0794
    TAG Heuer Link CJ1111.BA0576

Toothbras said:
    My dad has never given me anything, I'd be elated to have a nice watch with sentimental value. You don't have to wear it every day, but once in a while I think you'll enjoy having it.

devilmoon said:
    How "old man" can it be if Leonardo DiCaprio endorses the brand?

That is a pretty clean style, but honestly, when I think of old man watches, I think more of Rolex than of Tag. It sounds like you have a good story to tell with that watch, so no matter how it looks, I would wear it with pride. I have a friend who was given that watch for his college graduation and wears it with pretty much anything. To me that is a rather timeless watch.

6. Watchbreath said:

I once sold a 1960 Longines Admiral to a 15 year old, he had real taste. It's not about age, it's about "eye".

zerophase said:

fantastically well put.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    I once sold a 1960 Longines Admiral to a 15 year old, he had real taste. It's not about age, it's about "eye".

Likestheshiny said:

How "old man" can it be if Leonardo DiCaprio endorses the brand?
    I dunno -- DiCaprio's looking kinda stocky and beardy lately. I realise he's only 37, but that guy doesn't give off an especially young vibe.

devilmoon said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    I dunno -- DiCaprio's looking kinda stocky and beardy lately. I realise he's only 37, but that guy doesn't give off an especially young vibe.
    I see where you're coming from, I guess I was still considering under 40 to be more youthful than not. He strikes me as sporty, I suppose. In my mind Roger Federer (Rolex ambassador) is younger, but he gives off a traditional vibe. Either way, I think a young person could pull off whichever one he wants--the man makes the watch, not the other way around.

madezra said:

but honestly, when I think of old man watches, I think more of Rolex than of Tag.

+1.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2