Tag Heuer Connected Owners Thread
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Tag Heuer Connected Owners Thread

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Tag Heuer Connected Owners Thread

Hello all,

I have seen a few threads around here discussing the Connected watch, but very few seemed to actually own the watch.

Personally I bought one off of their online store after the announcement because I have been looking for a nice smartwatch that didn't make me look like a kid.

Also the fact that it has a screen that stays on all the time so you can just glance at your watch to see what time it is (like a real watch!) put me over the top.

I know the resolution of the screen isn't the greatest but as far as I know this feature is only on this watch for now.

Unfortunately I am running into a few hiccups with the watch by using the iOS Android Wear app, so I would love to hear some input from those who have Android phones.

My notifications etc work fine, but primarily the "themed" watch faces dont seem to do much of anything.

Re: Tag Heuer Connected Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jhh87 View Post
    Hello all,

I have seen a few threads around here discussing the Connected watch, but very few seemed to actually own the watch.

Personally I bought one off of their online store after the announcement because I have been looking for a nice smartwatch that didn't make me look like a kid.

Also the fact that it has a screen that stays on all the time so you can just glance at your watch to see what time it is (like a real watch!) put me over the top.

I know the resolution of the screen isn't the greatest but as far as I know this feature is only on this watch for now.

Unfortunately I am running into a few hiccups with the watch by using the iOS Android Wear app, so I would love to hear some input from those who have Android phones.

My notifications etc work fine, but primarily the "themed" watch faces dont seem to do much of anything.
    I got mine on release day on holiday in Tokyo. I'm really happy with it and although the screen isn't high resolution, it looks perfect. I only have mine set to brightness level to 1 it's that clear.
    I can't give you much advise on the iOS side of things as i use Android (Galaxy S6), but the notifications work perfectly. Anything that comes into my phone shows on my watch and the OK Google speech recognition works perfectly.
    My only gripe was the battery when i first got it, i was only getting about 7 hours. However i realised that the watch has WiFi and it was draining the battery looking for access point to connect to. WiFi is only needed if your phone isn't nearby so it can still get notifications. So i switched that off and after 14 hours, i still have about 30 - 35% left. So i'm more than happy.

I have an Android phone and also having problems with the themed face. In the settings for the themed face I get two choices, "Time Keeping" and "Latest Weather", I select "Latest Weather" then this is what I get on the screen.
    Name:  screen.png
Views: 2266
Size:  76.6 KB

Everything else about the watch appears to be working fine, I also got an update yesterday, Build Number is now LSB47B (Don't know what it was before) but has made no difference to this problem.

Anyone else with working themed face?

I get the same error, so I guess it's an issued with how the themed face talks to the phone/internet vs an iPhone issue.

It doesn't work for me with the fit theme either, there's a guy on YouTube who did a really long video review and was super disappointed with it.

Perhaps it wasn't quite ready for prime time and they rushed it out before the holidays. Either way I'm confident it will be addressed.

Btw I've tried factory resetting Etc and it doesn't make it work even after an update. Really wish my steps would at the very least sync to my google fit account.

Currently I'm on build LSB21E
    Android Wear 1.3.0.2403569
    Google Play 8.3.01
    Android 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel-Chrono View Post
    Anyone else with working themed face?
    Name:  screen.png
Views: 2185
Size:  53.7 KB

Identical version info to the last post. Didn't work initially and not sure which update did the trick.

On another note; now getting two days on a charge. Battery life is improving with cycles and I'm in a more normal usage cycle as the "newness" wears off.
    Last edited by green_arc; December 1st, 2015 at 18:28.

I got a reply from Tag today.

"We detected this bug and send out an update last weekend. To install it, please restart the watch and make sure that it does have a connection to the phone available as well as that the phone can go online. Then go to the quick settings by swiping down, then swipe left to "settings", then go to "About" and then "system update". Please have the watch on a charger while doing this so it would download the latest software update. If the watch had already installed the update it would show that it is up to date."

My watch had already updated a few days ago, to LSB47B and still not getting the weather theme to work.

@green_arc - Great to see it works for you, at least I know it could work!

Any owners want to post photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel-Chrono View Post
    My watch had already updated a few days ago, to LSB47B and still not getting the weather theme to work.

@green_arc - Great to see it works for you, at least I know it could work!
    Just to clarify; I have LSB21E. I think that update started it working.

Still waiting for release here in Sweden, maybe two more weeks. What are your thoughts about it after some use? used to have a wear watch r. But the amoled screen even lit through the cuffs... And it was not possible to turn the brightness down. Also that watch was not very nice looking. I think tag nailed those two things.

And by the way I read that tags CEO used the watch for two weeks in public and he said that no one noticed that he had a wear watch. Sounds very unlikely to me. What do you think?

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

The always on mode is great. Screen is very discreet. I have no doubt that what the CEO said is true. No one notices mine till I put finger to it. I like that a lot.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    Tsjostrom likes this.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information