WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Tag Heuer WJ1110-0-SQ4820? Help!

127K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  tszal85 
#1 ·
I just received a Tag Heuer Carerra Auto. The model number on the back is WJ1110-0-SQ4820. I have been wearing it for about 12 hours & it's not working. I have also tried rotating it like a glass of wine for a few minutes & I can hear the rotor rotating but still no luck. Any suggestions? Do I have a fake?

#6 ·
Sorry guys... if your Carrera shows WJ1110 on the case back its a FAKE. That's the number for a newer Link Quartz with a Black Dial. I've seen these Carrera Fakes. They have steel case back when it should have the see through.... LOTS of fake carreras out there..

David

Reactions: jamesbiz
#11 ·
Sorry guys... if your Carrera shows WJ1110 on the case back its a FAKE. That's the number for a newer Link Quartz with a Black Dial. I've seen these Carrera Fakes. They have steel case back when it should have the see through.... LOTS of fake carreras out there..

David
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280405442553&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Currently on eBay, but reported via normal channels and to the President's office, so it should be killed before the auction ends . . .

#8 ·
The watch runs for 12 hours then dies... and it is a fake...

We has a poster yesterday who indicated he did not really care if his watch was a fake... He should!

People who make fakes or replicas are CROOKS! Why would anyone who buys a cut rate TAG fake expect crooks to care if their watch keeps working after it is paid for??

By the way, the solution should not be to post every possible purchase and ask the forum if it is a fake. Do some homework. Show some analysis. Then ask for help if you need it.

In other words, we will not do your homework assignment for you ;-)

#17 ·
Wow, it's funny reading these posts. I just stumbled upon this by typing in the numbers off the back of my watch and searching. I've just recently got into watches and started with a few Omega's and an Aquaracer. I then bought a Carrera off ebay from a private seller for $1800AUD. When it arrived, I opened the box and knew IMMEDIATELY it was a fake!! I just knew, it felt too light and you could just tell by looking at the dial (and I'm certainly not a seasoned collector!). I then looked at the back of the watch and it said "Swiss made since 1964" LOL. Well my heart sank a bit but then I got to the task of getting my money back through Paypal. It took a while, but I got it all back (thank you Paypal!). I had to send the watch back but the seller never collected it, so it got sent back to me! So now I've got a cute little Carrera fake that only cost me $20 in postage (which I'm sure is all it's worth). Had it for a week and it's still ticking away perfectly too, it'll make a good working in the garden watch haha.

#18 ·
I just bought an Aquaracer waf2110 for $600 from a private seller and am worried sick it might be a fake. Looks like a good one at least in the pics and the guy was okay with posting extra pics I asked for. In any case, what was your paypal procedure to get your money back? I have not paid yet, but want to know how to get my cash back if I discover it's a fake. Thank!

#19 ·
Registered to say hi and thanks for this thread, I caught another one of these on eBay that looked a little sketchy because of the weird model number. A google search brought me right here and confirmed my suspicions. Item (Tagheuer Carrera Tachymetre 26 Jewels Men's Watch - WJ1110-0 SQ4820 | eBay been reported to eBay, and I also contacted the seller, who based on their other listings may not have even realized.

Now that I registered maybe I'll poke around a bit, so hi :)

#23 ·
Forget it. We won't help. Fakes are hated here. Wearing fakes demeans you, seriously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.