Thread: Tag Indy 500

Tag Indy 500

Hi all, just bought a Tag Heuer Indy 500 from my local Ramsden pawn broker outlet. I am a jeweller by trade and have witnessed many fakes but i have been assured this one is real. i have dreamed of owning one of these for years and the weight of it etc seems to me that it is real. My question is that the bezel doesn't click round at all, just wondering if it's faulty or should alarm bells be ringing? I think my next job is to remove watch back, what should i look for inside?? All help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rogueleader; February 10th, 2013 at 11:11. Reason: adding picture

Re: Tag Indy 500

Ok, after a couple of hours searching i think the bezel isn't suppose to move on this watch, can anyone confirm this before i take it back??

Quote Originally Posted by rogueleader View Post
    Ok, after a couple of hours searching i think the bezel isn't suppose to move on this watch, can anyone confirm this before i take it back??

correct it is a fixed bezel.
    "SKYMONSTER" TAC

xl321

Time is precious

Quote Originally Posted by decipher28 View Post
    correct it is a fixed bezel.

Thank you.

Yes, the bezel is fixed. I would not remove the back unless you can have it pressure tested. At the shop I work for when any Tag come in for a battery or work they are ALL pressure tested. Just FYI! Enjoy!

This is one of the newer Formula One watches. I like it a lot. This one, and the Grande Date/Alarm, are very nice watches and a good size.
    I read where someone called these new versions, the Formula One watch for adults. The older versions were a little loud and funky looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinquil View Post
    This is one of the newer Formula One watches. I like it a lot. This one, and the Grande Date/Alarm, are very nice watches and a good size.
    I read where someone called these new versions, the Formula One watch for adults. The older versions were a little loud and funky looking.

the latest edition of the indy 500 is this one.

Quote Originally Posted by elfudge View Post
    the latest edition of the indy 500 is this one.
    Yes, The one the poster has is 7-8 years old. I have the one from 2 years ago that has the grey Bricks on the front.

Thread Information