TAG movements - Page 7
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: TAG movements

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: TAG movements

No, there is no Calibre 18 (although a prototype of the Calibre 1887 I saw was marked "Calibre 18")

Dc
    Calibre 11 | The Home of TAG Heuer and Heuer Collectors

Hidden Content

Facebook: Hidden Content

Calibre 8RS

ETA 2892/A2 with Soprod TT651 GMT complication
    Last edited by novan3; March 24th, 2011 at 21:33.

Do anyone know what movement uset in Tag Heuer Link WJF 2116 GMT??

Quote Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
    Thanks Jim, that's a great reference. Sticky?

Movement pics for each would be cool too.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by torben View Post
    do anyone know what movement uset in tag heuer link wjf 2116 gmt??
    eta 2893

Quote Originally Posted by BHL View Post
    I see. I agree with you that good quality control and proper tuning are more important to ensure the accuracy and longevity of movement than changing the parts since these ETA movements are built to last with proper care anyway. I was just curious about the sort of changes/upgrades done by TAG Heuer. Since they do not advertise the changes they make for the movements like some other manufacturers do (eg. OMEGA), I'd assume that most of the changes are cosmetic.
    I recall some years ago reading a review in Watch Time of the Calibre 16 Aquaracer when it first came out. Scored highly in all areas except movement. Biggest complaint was that for a watch at this price point, all they'd done was engrave 'Tag Heuer' on the rotor of a stock standard 7750. I'd imagine this is fairly consistent throughout the core range.

Quote Originally Posted by seanpiper View Post
    I recall some years ago reading a review in Watch Time of the Calibre 16 Aquaracer when it first came out. Scored highly in all areas except movement. Biggest complaint was that for a watch at this price point, all they'd done was engrave 'Tag Heuer' on the rotor of a stock standard 7750. I'd imagine this is fairly consistent throughout the core range.
    A number of the members of the forum are far more knowledgeable than many who write for watch magazines. The magazines are interesting but they usually consist of professional writers who often write for effect. To claim TAGHeuer's efforts on the Valjoux 7750 consists only of replacing the stock ETA rotor with a TAGHeuer rotor might be a reach...

My complaint would be that they were still using a 7750 at all...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    A number of the members of the forum are far more knowledgeable than many who write for watch magazines. The magazines are interesting but they usually consist of professional writers who often write for effect. To claim TAGHeuer's efforts on the Valjoux 7750 consists only of replacing the stock ETA rotor with a TAGHeuer rotor might be a reach...

My complaint would be that they were still using a 7750 at all...
    I've always been curious on the grade of ETA movement TAG Heuer uses for non-chronometer models. Jewelers have all said "the top of the line", but I'm kind of dubious. Does anyone have info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
    I've always been curious on the grade of ETA movement TAG Heuer uses for non-chronometer models. Jewelers have all said "the top of the line", but I'm kind of dubious. Does anyone have info on this?
    TAG never says what grade they start with... Indeed, they never claim they start with ETA's chronometer grade for their chronometers. The ability to adjust a movement is more a reflection on the skill, time and effort of the watchmakers than it is a reflection on the grade of movement that is started with.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    It certainly is an interesting movement, very legible chrono, I'm happy with my F1 Calibre S, actually I'm wearing it now, but you should be aware of this "feature" -> Craftsmenship issues with Carrera Calibre S? : minute hand has a bit of "play" by design.
    I have a Calibre S limited edition watch that I enjoy greatly. It does have play in the minute hand, by design, which was a bit off-putting at first.

Initially I found the method for setting very inconvenient for travel across timezones, but once I became used to it the Calibre S has become my favorite international travel watch.

I am thinking about buying the Calibre 1 Vintage Carrera, so my choice of travel watch may change (no date or anything else to muck up when crossing oceans).

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast