WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

TAG movements

160K views 183 replies 99 participants last post by  Neeko 
#1 · (Edited)
While researching the Dubois Depraz modules used by TAG and Heuer, I encounterd this list which I thought would be interesting to the crew...

TAG Cal
movement
watch

Unitas 6497 or 6498 (not sure which right now...)

ETA 2671

Ronda SW200 in models post 2009(??)
ETA 2824-2 (2834 in some models(??))
Aquaracer, Carrera, Link

ETA 2895-1
Monza, Monaco

ETA 2892-A1
2000 Chronometre, Link Chronometre

7 GMT
ETA 2893-A2 (Dubois Depraz Calibre 312??)
Carrera GMT

Dubois Depraz 2022
Autavia Chronograph

ETA/Valjoux 7750
Carrera, Monza, Aquaracer Chronographs

ETA 2894-2
Monaco, Monza, Carrera, Kirium Chronographs

Zenith El-Primero
Monza 36, Link 36

Dubois-Depraz 2073
Aquagraph 2000

Dubois-Depraz ? - yachting timer on a ? base
Calibre 72 Aquagraph Chrono

corrections and additions are invited!

See less See more
Reactions: Kovalchuk
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Jim, that's a great reference. Sticky?

Movement pics for each would be cool too.

#4 ·
great for a STICKY !!!

#7 ·
You can add Calibre 1. I believe this is a reworked Unitas handwound movement.

Also, the "RS" movements add the Rotating Disk System to above mentioned calibers.
You will have to point out which movements need an additional RS designation. I can't keep up... which is why we are doing this!

#8 ·
I just checked Dr. Ranfft's archive... there are a bunch of Unitas movements... which one and in what TAG Heuer watch?

#10 ·
the current TAG HEUER that has a hand wound movement is the Calibre 1 "VINTAGE". It is a big, black dial watch, with a cool second sub-dial at 6 o'clock, and racing rubber band.

The Grand Carreras are called Calibre RS (rotating system), due to their discs, instead of sub-dial hands.

Hope I helped.

#13 ·
What is Calibre S?

#25 · (Edited)
Hi folks just a thought :think: what about posting Older model's Movement ,(say from Tag acquisition of Heuer?) with the /size /gender/ Quartz orAuo/ ETA or otherwise |>
might help newbies who buy into the brand with vintage icons.

Regards

#26 ·
does anyone know of any source or table or chart, for QUARTZ movements on all TAGs ?

thanks

#29 ·
Caliber 5:

The Selitta SW-200 can be added to the list of movements under the Caliber 5. I know for a fact that the 500m uses the SW-200. It might be an ETA Clone (of a 2824,2834, or 2836), but if you do not believe me, look for yourself. I recently took a jeweler's loupe to the exhibition case-back and found the engraving along the edge of the movement. The jeweler's loupe is 10x magnification and you will need to hold it really steady to see it. I read in an article that they were using the SW-200, but was a little skeptical as it was not in the Caliber section of the TAG book. Selitta was licensed to make the ETA 2824 in the past, and that is where the SW-200 originates. So Thought someone might like to know.

From TX