Thread: Breitling Navitimer D13022 Real Deal or Close Replica???

Breitling Navitimer D13022 Real Deal or Close Replica???

Hey all,

I havent really seen this model before nor are there many pictures of it i can find on google. I'm curious on this one of whether it is the real deal, If so has the bezel been changed? As i have never seen a Navitimeter with gold hands & SS bezel

Breitling "Old" Navitimer Stainless Steel D13022 in Box! | eBay

Auctiva Image Hosting

Re: Breitling Navitimer D13022 Real Deal or Close Replica???

watch is authentic but has the wrong bezel, Dxxxxx stands for SS with solid gold bezel, which this is clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFred View Post
    watch is authentic but has the wrong bezel, Dxxxxx stands for SS with solid gold bezel, which this is clearly not.
    Cheers Fred for the prompt reply.

Need some more opinions about this watch. After further research on the D13022 models there seems to be the tritium label marked on the dial, which is not showing on this one. The band is also black which seems odd as the dial is metallic blue.

Is there a possibility that breitling released a small number of these models (i.e. gold hands, SS bezel, black calf skin band, unmarked tritium) from factory? Also is anyone able to identify the year model of this watch?

Petey, as said b4, the watch is basically genuine, later dials did not use Tritium, so of course were not marked T.

Strap is a replacement, probably not the first in the 10+ years this watch was worn; OEM straps in blue, black brown, tan, honey - all these colors were and are available for these, just a matter of personal taste.

and no, Breitling did NOT release a Dxxxxx model without the gold bezel, as this is what mainly differentiates it from the Axxxxx, watch clearly has a - wrong - replacement bezel.
    Last edited by WatchFred; November 4th, 2012 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFred View Post
    Petey, as said b4, the watch is basically genuine, later dials did not use Tritium, so of course were not marked T.

Strap is a replacement, probably not the first in the 10+ years this watch was worn; OEM straps in blue, black brown, tan, honey - all these colors were and are available for these, just a matter of personal taste.

and no, Breitling did NOT release a Dxxxxx model without the gold bezel, as this is what mainly differentiates it from the Axxxxx, watch clearly has a - wrong - replacement bezel.
    Cheers Fred just wanted to check the correctness of this timepiece.

Thread Information