Real or Fake Chronotmat B13050.1 ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By niteshadesc2

Thread: Real or Fake Chronotmat B13050.1 ?

Real or Fake Chronotmat B13050.1 ?

Hello guys,

I am finally taking the plunge into the $1k+ market of watches for my collection and have fallen in love with Breitling products. I want to start with a pre-owned model my budget can afford and have found an older Chronomat B13050.1 for just shy of $1500 I can purchase.

I asked the seller to send me some photos and everything looks good (except no movement imagery). Bonus is the seller has volunteered to meet at a Breitling dealer to help authenticate the watch.

I have a few questions:

1. Is it real? (I have concerns about the missing gold accents on the rotating bezel at the 0,15,30,45 marks, plus the 0 bezel mark seems "askew")
    2. Is the price of $1450 CAN$ fair for a watch in this condition?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Best,
    Brad/Niteshade
    Attached Images Attached Images

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Re: Real or Fake Chronotmat B13050.1 ?

I like it. The band speaks volumes about the quality of the brand, still hanging in there after years of service. Ask about the service history and plan to attend to that if its been a while since its been to the breitling spa.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Hidden Content
    Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Hidden Content

Not that it needs a 2nd opinion after SnapIT - but I too say GENUINE
    A
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. Hidden Content FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.Hidden Content

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

What are you thoughts on the valuation of aprox $1500 Can$? The seller mentions it was "cleanred and set up" about 2 years ago (receipt/bill in hand). He stated he does not have the steel bracelet (just the leather Strap), but says he has the box and papers in his home country in europe - but that he cannot get them as no one lives there or has keys (seems fishy, but may be legit). Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by niteshadesc2 View Post
    What are you thoughts on the valuation of aprox $1500 Can$? The seller mentions it was "cleanred and set up" about 2 years ago (receipt/bill in hand). He stated he does not have the steel bracelet (just the leather Strap), but says he has the box and papers in his home country in europe - but that he cannot get them as no one lives there or has keys (seems fishy, but may be legit). Thoughts?
    Have you done any research - google, eBay into average pricing of the piece? It should not take long
    A
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. Hidden Content FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.Hidden Content

"Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    Adam

I have searched google (yesterday in fact) and as I am sure you are well aware there is a wide range of prices depending on the quality of the watch offered, boxes, papers, condition etc.
    I am new to this process, and valuation is far from my specialty. Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Brad

Quote Originally Posted by niteshadesc2 View Post
    I have searched google (yesterday in fact) and as I am sure you are well aware there is a wide range of prices depending on the quality of the watch offered, boxes, papers, condition etc.
    I am new to this process, and valuation is far from my specialty. Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Brad
    Go to Ebay
    Advanced search-->model-->(tick) completed sales-->(tick) World Wide Search-->search

Then you will see both active sales and (in green) sold pieces

Adam

and
    Adam

Thanks for your help guys, I bought the watch yesterday - It works great :) Brad/Nites
    cmann_97 likes this.

Thread Information