Thread: watches on the Net

watches on the Net

On their web site, Breitling quite firmly state that all watches for sale over the internet are fake. In the UK there are a number of online watch merchants selling authentic Swiss watches of all kinds. I understand Breitling wanting to stop the selling of fake watches which undermines their status as well as loosing them revenue. But surley it is against fair trade law to try and stop people from buying their watches from REAL dealers. Could anyone clarify this for me, as I am confused.

Thanks.

Re: watches on the Net

They are advising you to not buy from 'Grey' market dealers. Breitling would never turn you away from buying from an authorized dealer. The thing is, AD's don't usually sell over the internet if at all.
    Breitling
    - B-1 SQ - SOLD
    - Emergency SQ
    TAG Heuer
    - Professional Chronograph 2000
    SUUNTO
    - Vector

As far as I can tell the UK based internet dealers are NOT AD, they do not appear on Breitlings list. I think they simply act as a middle man and handle the purchase for you. They offer various degrees of discount, 20% of RRP for example, I can only assume this discount is possible as they have no outlets and staff to pay. A friend showed me their diamond Tag from a UK internet dealer and it is authentic, sent from UK to France actually. So I am still a little curious about such a firm statement from Breitling, and if they only sell to AD how come none AD dealers can get the watches ???????????????????????????

Hmmmmm

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

They can get watches because no organization can control a circulating stock of some millions of watches. A percentage will find their way to and be made available for purchase through, unofficial channels. The point of the warning is, do you want to take the risk with your purchase? To whom do you want to entrust the several thousands of dollars/euro/pounds investment you are about to make? Truthful answers please.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Yep, I guess you are right. I wonder how many people on this site went into a shop and how many had them delivered via internet. Or to put it another way, how many paid full price and how many did not.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Duc695 View Post
    Yep, I guess you are right. I wonder how many people on this site went into a shop and how many had them delivered via internet. Or to put it another way, how many paid full price and how many did not.

Cheers.
    You shouldnt be paying full price just because you are buying from an authorized dealer.
    -RJ

Breitling Superocean II
    Breitling Navitimer
    Breitling Avenger Skyland
    Breitling Colt II Auto
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish

Panerai 320
    Locman Tonneau
    G-Shock DW-5600WC-1ER

G-Shock DW-6900R-7

On their web site, Breitling quite firmly state that all watches for sale over the internet are fake. In the UK there are a number of online watch merchants selling authentic Swiss watches of all kinds. I understand Breitling wanting to stop the selling of fake watches which undermines their status as well as loosing them revenue. But surley it is against fair trade law to try and stop people from buying their watches from REAL dealers. Could anyone clarify this for me, as I am confused.

Thanks.
    We've discussed this before, and although there is no definitive answer, one suggestion has been that breitling may consider any watch that did not come from an authorized dealer with all papers and warranty in tact, to be fake.

On the other hand, taking into account all of the replica sites, id bet that 95%+ of "Breitlings" online are actually counterfeit (not manufactured by Breitling).
    -RJ

Breitling Superocean II
    Breitling Navitimer
    Breitling Avenger Skyland
    Breitling Colt II Auto
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish

Panerai 320
    Locman Tonneau
    G-Shock DW-5600WC-1ER

G-Shock DW-6900R-7

Cheers.
    Like RJ said, just because you're buying in a shop doesn't mean you are paying full price.
    Breitling
    - B-1 SQ - SOLD
    - Emergency SQ
    TAG Heuer
    - Professional Chronograph 2000
    SUUNTO
    - Vector

Thumbs Up Re: watches on the Net

well I suppose we'll leave it that, as a soon to be owner ( 1 week ) first B Colt Auto, blue baton w/ blue dive pro, the less fakes the better.

Cheers.

rik

Actually the warning on the website currently says:

'99% . . . are fakes, the others are second hand watches or models of dubious origin.'

In other words: Fake, Old and Grey. Please provide your own punchlines!

Hope the watch arrives soon.
    The buck doesn't even slow down here.

www.croctesting.co.uk

Thread Information