New Steinhart Ocean Titanium with Engraved Ceramic! - Page 119
Like Tree748Likes

Thread: New Steinhart Ocean Titanium with Engraved Ceramic!

Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1235

New Steinhart Ocean Titanium with Engraved Ceramic!

Wow. What a roller coaster thread! Just finished the whole thing after picking away over a couple days. I have always loved this one. I peeked at the website and saw the change to the 2892 and wondered why. Though I know it is a highly regarded movement. Well hearing the seemingly higher than usual issues with the soprods the switch now makes sense.

Things I like-Swiss made, higher end Swiss movement, sapphire, lumed ceramic bezel, legible, classic looks, pops of blue, titanium, bgw9, thin profile, 500m, display back.

Things I don't-flat lugs, though I think I can pull it off. My armida A2 just works for me and I bet this wears similarly.

I am very tempted to grab one of the new ones but I would have to jettison a watch or two (bathys, armida A2, sumo...?)

This thread hasn't made me hotter or colder on the watch just more educated. I think I should be able to pull it off with my 6.75" wrist. Seems many people have that size wrist and said it's a good fit.

If any enablers want to chime in or throw out some eye candy or wrist shots, please do!

I'm not worried about the different tones of metal as I noticed that even on some ss watches and it's not a bother for me.

Anyone chime in on pros and cons vs the soprod a10, ETA 2892 and the 2824-2? I believe the 92 is slimmer and regarded as higher end. Is it as "workhorse" as the 2824 often is perceived?

Thanks all! Appreciate your contributions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boatswain; November 2nd, 2016 at 01:37.
    Omega SMP 2264.50 - Magrette Regatarre 2011 ETA LE version - Tissot PR50 titanium- Timex Ironman - Brathwait Classic Slim SS ​ -Borealis Estoril 300- Steinhart OT500 ETA

Re: New Steinhart Ocean Titanium with Engraved Ceramic!

Flat lugs were the deal breaker for me. I couldn't get over it or used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    Wow. What a roller coaster thread! Just finished the whole thing after picking away over a couple days. I have always loved this one. I peeked at the website and saw the change to the 2892 and wondered why. Though I know it is a highly regarded movement. Well hearing the seemingly higher than usual issues with the soprods the switch now makes sense.

Things I like-Swiss made, higher end Swiss movement, sapphire, lumed ceramic bezel, legible, classic looks, pops of blue, titanium, bgw9, thin profile, 500m, display back.

Things I don't-flat lugs, though I think I can pull it off. My armida A2 just works for me and I bet this wears similarly.

I am very tempted to grab one of the new ones but I would have to jettison a watch or two (bathys, armida A2, sumo...?)

This thread hasn't made me hotter or colder on the watch just more educated. I think I should be able to pull it off with my 6.75" wrist. Seems many people have that size wrist and said it's a good fit.

If any enablers want to chime in or throw out some eye candy or wrist shots, please do!

I'm not worried about the different tones of metal as I noticed that even on some ss watches and it's not a bother for me.

Anyone chime in on pros and cons vs the soprod a10, ETA 2892 and the 2824-2? I believe the 92 is slimmer and regarded as higher end. Is it as "workhorse" as the 2824 often is perceived?

Thanks all! Appreciate your contributions

Here is a great review of the ETA 2892 http://www.chronometrie.com/eta2892/eta2892.html

I absolutely recommend this watch. I wear mine 24/7. I owned the one with the a10 and had no problems with mine, but I sold it and got the ETA version when it was released. Mostly because it's been around for longer and is tried and true. If you do have a problem, many watchmakers will be able to service it. I'm not an expert though, I think the guy from the review does a good job and really pushed me over the top to flip mine for the ETA. I probably wouldn't have if I had to pay more, but I was able to sell for the same price I got the ETA model for.

Aid1987 likes this.

Thanks. Helpful info! Whats is your wrist size TRF? It looks like a nice fit for you.

I found this too.

ETA 2824 vs 2892

Also the steinhart website now says "13mm" height/thickness. I believe before it was 14.5? Likely thats the height excluding the domed crystal and that nothing has changed?

I feel like i may be slipping towards this one...
    Last edited by boatswain; November 2nd, 2016 at 03:44.
    Omega SMP 2264.50 - Magrette Regatarre 2011 ETA LE version - Tissot PR50 titanium- Timex Ironman - Brathwait Classic Slim SS ​ -Borealis Estoril 300- Steinhart OT500 ETA

How do you guys find the height? Does it wear like a 14.5 or does the construction and crystal make it wear slimmer?

Thanks. Helpful info! Whats is your wrist size TRF? It looks like a nice fit for you.

I found this too.

ETA 2824 vs 2892

Also the steinhart website now says "13mm" height/thickness. I believe before it was 14.5? Likely thats the height excluding the domed crystal and that nothing has changed?

I always thought it was 13mm to begin with.

Edit: Yes, I just measured my Soprod OTi500 with a ruler and I'm reading 13mm including height of the crystal.
    Last edited by sefrcoko; November 3rd, 2016 at 00:13.
    SleepySimon likes this.

How do you guys find the height? Does it wear like a 14.5 or does the construction and crystal make it wear slimmer?

Straight and long lugs are not ideal but the light weight makes this one feel like it hugs my wrist better than similar Steinharts such as the OVM. I had three Steinharts and sold two of them because they felt a little big on my 6.5 inch wrist with those straight lugs. For some reason this one works better. If only Steinhart would curve their lugs.
    Hwkaholic likes this.

The ocean 500 is without a doubt my favorite watch right now. Name:  z2BMyrQ.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  1.74 MB
    n1k0 and sefrcoko like this.

I found this too.

ETA 2824 vs 2892

My wrist is 7.25" and flat so I have no problems in terms of wearability. I think the height is 13mm. I've never had a problem with the height, it always slides under my sleeve nicely.
    boatswain likes this.

Great thanks!

How is the accuracy on your 2892?

Thread Information