Collector's Guide To All the Different Citizen Nighthawk Variants... - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Collector's Guide To All the Different Citizen Nighthawk Variants...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Collector's Guide To All the Different Citizen Nighthawk Variants...

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of the Watch View Post
    Wow, I literally bought the mesh version 5 minutes before your post..... Fortunately from an AD.

If I don't like it I'll return it. Having never had mesh, I guess I'm just curious.
    If you like it, that's all that matters.

Will any of the radio controlled versions pick up the US signal?

Banned

Yes, can't remember which specific model number. But anything that says "Radio Controlled" are able to pick up signals from all 6 regions.

Quote Originally Posted by afiqrahim View Post
    Yes, can't remember which specific model number. But anything that says "Radio Controlled" are able to pick up signals from all 6 regions.
    Not quite, in fact many (of the older models) if not most of them sync in Europe OR Japan OR USA. The more recent ones sync in EUR, JPN, USA and CHN, which is usually indicated on the dial. So beware what you buy and look up the specs for the model code.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenPromaster View Post
    Not quite, in fact many (of the older models) if not most of them sync in Europe OR Japan OR USA. The more recent ones sync in EUR, JPN, USA and CHN, which is usually indicated on the dial. So beware what you buy and look up the specs for the model code.
    I bought a titanium radio version in Italy a year and a half ago. I'm in the USA and have to adjust the time manually. It's kind of a pain, because I forget how to do it each time.

Here's an updated overview of all the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenPromaster View Post
    The above F900 watch is actually marketed as Navihawk in the UK and US. Navihawk was supposedly the name of the 'first generation Skyhawk' as can be seen in the OP. But that lineage is not really correct.
    And the new Skyhawk A-T has actually been updated to the 4-band RC U680!

I think we need to revisit how we refer to these watches, in estimated order of appearance. I'm not listing all the model numbers, sorry.

Navihawk (gen 1) C300 (battery) - I think non US versions don't say Navihawk on the dial, same as with the later Nighthawk

Skyhawk (gen 1) C650 (Eco-Drive)

Skyhawk A-T (gen 2) U600 (Eco-Drive, RC 3-band USA/EUR/JPN)

Nighthawk (gen 1) B877 (Eco-Drive)

'EURO'/ASIAN Nighthawk (gen 1) ???? (Eco-Drive) -> no nighthawk on dial, different caseback

'EURO Nighthawk RC' (gen 1) H466 (Eco-Drive, RC 1-band EUR)

'Japanese Nighthawk RC' (gen 1) ???? (Eco-Drive, RC 1-band JPN)

Sky Pilot Chrono ('ultimate hawk') (gen 1) E670 (Eco-Drive, RC 1 band EUR)

JDM Sky Pilot Chrono (gen 1) E610 (Eco-Drive, RC 1-band, JPN)

JDM and Asia Pilot Chrono DLC (gen 1) E610 (Eco-Drive, RC 1 band, JPN OR CHN)

Mystery JDM 'City' Hawk (gen 1?) ???? Eco-Drive

'Naked' Hawk JDM and ASIA versions ???? (Eco-Drive, RC 3-band??? EUR/USA/JPN?? or 4-band??? EUR/USA/JPN/CHN???)

Navihawk A-T (gen 2) U680 (Eco-Drive, RC 4-band (USA/EUR/JPN/CHN) - not marketed as Navihawk outside US/UK/Canada

JDM/EUR Nighthawk A-T not marketed as such

Non-descript Pilot 'City' (gen 2???) ???? Eco-Drive, RC 4-band (USA/EUR/JPN/CHN) - both JDM and ASIA/EU variations

new US 'budget' Nighthawk - no rotating bezel

updated Skyhawk A-T (gen 3) U680 (Eco-Drive, RC 4-band (USA/EUR/JPN/CHN) - not marketed as Skyhawk outside US/UK/Canada

Navihawk (gen 3) F900 (Eco-Drive, GPS) - not marketed as Navihawk outside US/UK/Canada

By the way, the updated Skyhawk is not listed on EU (minus UK) Citizen website. We still have the U600 and now also the F900. And they never use these nicknames.

There are some Promaser Sky models I haven't included, because while they have a flight calc ring, they share very litte else with the Hawks (different case).
    Last edited by CitizenPromaster; September 1st, 2016 at 17:20.

I have recently acquired 2 pre-loved Titanium Nighthawks. I'm having trouble properly identifying one of them...

This one is like a mixture of Asian and US nighthawks. It doesn't say "Nighthawk" like an Asian one, but it has the US full glow markers and raised '12' and '6', and with the laser etched shiny case back. I believe it was originally purchased in Australia. Maybe it is a new class of Oceania or APac Nightawk? It came with the titanium nighthawk band, but I have taken the band off to put on my other Nighthawk. This watch is surplus to requirements because I want perpetual calendar and Sapphire. I do like the 24Hr function on this watch though, and it is super light in Titanium.
    Name:  20170922_193318.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  843.8 KB

So this is my new daily driver. It is a Euro nighthawk purchased from Italy. The AT function only works for Germany apparently, but it has the all important perpetual calendar. Sapphire glass is nice too. And also in Titanium with the rare blue face with white chapter ring. Also has that all important engraved Ti caseback. This watch is simply gorgeous in real life. It came with a white leather strap with citizen Ti deployant, but I much prefer it with the nighthawk Ti band from the above nighthawk. This one appears to be a AS2031-57L. But I think I have now upgraded mine over OEM because the Ti band I took from the first nighthawk doesn't have the exposed adjustment pins all the way up the band like the stock AS2031-57L band does!
    Name:  20170922_193832.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  825.1 KB

Speaking of bands, I need to find a cheap one for the 1st nighthawk, since I commandeered its original one. Then I will list it. I was thinking a NATO in black/grey Bond stripe would look cool. Thoughts?
    Last edited by stumo; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information