FS: Junghans 4 MHz quartz prototype watch - extremely rare!

Thread: FS: Junghans 4 MHz quartz prototype watch - extremely rare!

FS: Junghans 4 MHz quartz prototype watch - extremely rare!

For sale an extremely rare and special Junghans prototype 4 MHz (Cal.667.26 but marked as 667.20) high-accuracy, high-frequency (4.19 MHz) quartz watch in nice condition with an original Junghans display stand and a generic watchbox!

This watch was manufactured in 1978 in Germany (then West Germany). It features the famous 4.19 MHz (4,194,304 Hz) high-frequency quartz movement (Cal.667.26 but on this prototype it is marked as 667.20) to achieve accuracy within a few seconds per year!!!

Reportedly Junghans manufactured only 2000 pieces of the Junghans 4 MHz after the prototypes in 1978. Before the mass production Junghans made a couple of prototypes and this is one of them! I'm aware of the existence of only 2 of these prototypes (including this one) and I seriously doubt that any more was ever made.

Caliber 667.26 (4 Mhz movement) is based on the platform of the earlier caliber 667.20 (32 kHz movement) but fitted with a different quartz and a different IC. This prototype is special because on the "bridge" of the movement still the old caliber number is written over as that time it was not decided whether Junghans would go ahead with the mass production of the 4 MHz watch and most probably they did not yet have a caliber ID for the new movement. That strange numbering of the caliber and the lack of "Chronometer" written on the dial are the indications that this was a prototype model. Junghans was kind enough the confirm my assumption of the prototype status of the watch. Of course I will share Junghans email to me about the subject with the buyer.

This watch is a collector's item as it is extremely rare and unique especially in this nice condition!

Price: £2999.99 (including free insured worldwide delivery with tracking number)!

No VAT/duty for buyers within the European Union (EU) as the item is shipped from Hungary (EU)!

Method of payment: PayPal (buyer pays the fees) or Bank Transfer

Contact email: gpalasti@hotmail.com

Please follow the link to access my pictures of the actual watch: Junghans 4 MHz prototype watch
    Last edited by ppaulusz; February 17th, 2017 at 23:22.

Re: FS: Junghans 4 MHz quartz prototype watch - extremely rare!

Reduced price: £2699.99 (including free insured worldwide delivery with tracking number)!

Thread Information