WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

FS: Rare Tudor Submariner 7928 - Pointed Crown Guards

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  yoramt 
#1 ·
This is a Tudor Rolex Submariner 7928 dated III/1963 s/n 400xxx. It has the Cal. 390 17 jewel automatic movement, rare pointed crown guard case and Tudor Rose 4-line dial with gold gilt lettering, hands, and chapter ring. Other rarities include the extra large meatball second hand and "SWISS" at the bottom of the dial. Overall condition is 90%+.

Case - Original pointed crown guard case and case back dated III/63.
Movement - Original Cal. 390 serviced & keeping accurate time.
Bezel - Original unrestored bezel and insert - turns smooth in both directions.
Dial - Original dial restored
Hands - Original second hand, replacement hour & minute hands.
Crown - Original crown was replaced with a Rolex Trip-Loc in 1986.
Crystal - Original domed crystal replaced with Tropic Acrylic in 2008. (Original to be included)
Bracelet - Correct riveted Rolex replaced in the mid 1970s (stamped 1-73).

I have owned this watch for over 45 years. It was serviced last year and also passed a pressure test at 100 meters. I cannot guarantee water resistance in the future, though.

Everything on the watch is original except the trip loc crown which was put on during a previous service back in the 1980s and the replacement crystal put on last year. (I still have the original high dome acrylic crystal & will include it). The dial is the original dial that was restored last year, the hour & minute hands are replacements, and the second hand is the original to this watch. The bracelet is a correct Rolex USA (riveted) which I bought in the early 1970s to replace the original expansion Oyster that was totally worn out. (I wish I had kept that too) Notice the tool marks on the case back. I had the last four digits of my Air Force serial number engraved on the back. When the watch was stolen from my Son the thief ground off the inscription and made a mess of it. The watchmaker did a great job of removing as many of the tool marks as possible while still retaining the case engraving around the perimeter.

I never thought I'd part with this watch but, after discussing it with my Son, we've decided to sell it and buy a modern Rolex that I can pass on to him someday.

Price is $3600 shipped. Cashiers check, direct bank transfer, or paypal (+2.9%) are acceptable means of payment. I can provide many references from buyers and sellers of watches that I have dealt with over the past 5 years. Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#3 ·
DEAREST RAY

YOU ARE GREAT TO DO BUSSINESS WITH

EXCELANT COMUNICATION SWIFT AND SMOOTH TRANSACTION

GREA GREAT WATCH

THANKS - YORAM !!!

=Ray K;2201540]This is a Tudor Rolex Submariner 7928 dated III/1963 s/n 400xxx. It has the Cal. 390 17 jewel automatic movement, rare pointed crown guard case and Tudor Rose 4-line dial with gold gilt lettering, hands, and chapter ring. Other rarities include the extra large meatball second hand and "SWISS" at the bottom of the dial. Overall condition is 90%+.

Case - Original pointed crown guard case and case back dated III/63.
Movement - Original Cal. 390 serviced & keeping accurate time.
Bezel - Original unrestored bezel and insert - turns smooth in both directions.
Dial - Original dial restored
Hands - Original second hand, replacement hour & minute hands.
Crown - Original crown was replaced with a Rolex Trip-Loc in 1986.
Crystal - Original domed crystal replaced with Tropic Acrylic in 2008. (Original to be included)
Bracelet - Correct riveted Rolex replaced in the mid 1970s (stamped 1-73).

I have owned this watch for over 45 years. It was serviced last year and also passed a pressure test at 100 meters. I cannot guarantee water resistance in the future, though.

Everything on the watch is original except the trip loc crown which was put on during a previous service back in the 1980s and the replacement crystal put on last year. (I still have the original high dome acrylic crystal & will include it). The dial is the original dial that was restored last year, the hour & minute hands are replacements, and the second hand is the original to this watch. The bracelet is a correct Rolex USA (riveted) which I bought in the early 1970s to replace the original expansion Oyster that was totally worn out. (I wish I had kept that too) Notice the tool marks on the case back. I had the last four digits of my Air Force serial number engraved on the back. When the watch was stolen from my Son the thief ground off the inscription and made a mess of it. The watchmaker did a great job of removing as many of the tool marks as possible while still retaining the case engraving around the perimeter.

I never thought I'd part with this watch but, after discussing it with my Son, we've decided to sell it and buy a modern Rolex that I can pass on to him someday.

Price is $3600 shipped. Cashiers check, direct bank transfer, or paypal (+2.9%) are acceptable means of payment. I can provide many references from buyers and sellers of watches that I have dealt with over the past 5 years. Thanks for looking.

[/QUOTE]

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.