Vintage Clebar Up/ Down Pilot Chronograph Venus 170 Mechanical Movement

Thread: Vintage Clebar Up/ Down Pilot Chronograph Venus 170 Mechanical Movement

Vintage Clebar Up/ Down Pilot Chronograph Venus 170 Mechanical Movement

Selling my Clebar vintage chrono. These watches were made by the Zodiac watch company, they are famous for the Zodiac Seawolfs & GMT's. Although I've also seen some references to Breitling/Clebar but I am not able to verify this. The watch is from the 1940's and it is a great example of a vintage chronograph. The large light grey dial (I've seen similar dial on Breitling) is in great condition with some wear but all numbers are intact & legible. The dial is signed "Clebar" "shock resistant" with a outer red telemeter scale, inner blue base mile scale, bottom seconds chapter, and top 45 minute counter for the chrono function. The minute, hour, 1/5 seconds hands are all intact and in excellent condition. The Movement is the famous Venus 170 caliber with the vertical up/down configuration. The 45 minute chronograph function works perfectly, I've timed with digital chronograph and it is on the spot for at least 30 minutes. The hands all reset to zero. Big crown makes winding the watch easy and smooth. The big chronograph pushers stand out, and give the watch a commanding look, plus makes the chronograph setting, resetting operation very smooth. Movement looks great and it is signed Clebar Watch Co, swiss. The movement runs and keeps good time, at time of listing, and runs for about 36 hours. Watch has a screw on back case signed "waterproof, antimagnetic, shockproof, swiss made". Case measures 37mm wide, 40mm with crown, and 45mm from lug to lug. Actual dial diameter is about 34mm. Watch includes a stainless steel band. LEATHER STRAP IS FOR PICS ONLY. I have many references. I will sell for $325 NOW $285 including Paypal/ shipping CONUS only. Thank You.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by automatico; September 6th, 2012 at 20:51.

Re: Vintage Clebar Up/ Down Pilot Chronograph Venus 170 Mechanical Movement

PRICE DROP $285
    Last edited by automatico; September 6th, 2012 at 20:50.

Re: Vintage Clebar Up/ Down Pilot Chronograph Venus 170 Mechanical Movement

BACK TO THE TOP!

Thread Information